• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike9905

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Stevensville, Maryland
    My niece just moved to the Bryan/College Station area. I think she should have a 5.56 rifle (AR15 or Mini 14) because I'm afraid this country is about to catch fire. She is gun friendly. Can anyone recommend a gun shop that has decent prices and offers instruction?
    Lynx Defense

mike9905

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Stevensville, Maryland
    RetSarge: Thank you, but she isn't worried, I am. She's 2 hours from Houston. I'm hoping to find a place for her to shoot that is convenient. Sarge, do you listen to Glenn Beck? He's scary as hell and I am worried that he isn't wrong.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I know you didn't ask me, but Beck seems to have taken a hard left turn (not as in he's Dem) since he n Fox tv had there outing. Don't forget people have been predicting doom for a very long time and it's not hard to pick n choose signs to support a claim. 'Course if he's right, that makes me a DA.

Sorry, I can't offer any help in the B/CS area. Able Ammo (ableammo.com) will be opening a range in Huntsville soon. That's about 50 min. from B/CS. Soon is yet to be determined but it is definitely under construction. Good luck

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I should be moving to B/CS shortly after the begining of the year but until then have her join this forum and we will all try to help her as much as we can.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Maybe Independence Firearms near Brehnam might work for you. Prices are good, cash is king, all prices in the display cases are CASH prices, they add a small mark-up for CC. They do have a very nice selection as in 3000 plus guns in stock nice. Last time I visited they were EXTREMELY busy. Take FM60 to FM50 should make a nice trip.

Langenator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    College Station
    There are two gun stores in College Station, Champion Firearms and Burdett & Sons. B&S is more hunting oriented, but they do have black rifles. Both offer CHL training.

There's another shop, whose name I can't recall, outside of Bryan, I think on TX-21, east-northeast of town.

For training, there's KR Training (CHL, and other pistol classes) and the Cawthon Cartridge Club. I don't think CCC runs their own classes, but they do host folks like Grey Group. Gunsmoke Range hosts USPSA matches, not sure if they offer any training.

Top Bottom