• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    not saying you would be doing anything illegal, but you could still end up taking the ride

I am not the least bit concerned about getting arrested for a violation of 30.06 when not in violation of 30.06.

The fact that they allow handguns at all negates the 30.06. They allow concealed handguns. They just want you to have it unloaded and zip tied. None of that is 30.06

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    I am not the least bit concerned about getting arrested for a violation of 30.06 when not in violation of 30.06.

The fact that they allow handguns at all negates the 30.06. They allow concealed handguns. They just want you to have it unloaded and zip tied. None of that is 30.06

I would rather the law work for me then against me. Yes I can be right but still take the ride. When the bill passes the fines will hopefully prevent the BS blanket of the 30.06 portable signs and wrongly posted signs.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS

agree with ya on that TXI. I must have missed the "unloaded and zip tied" part, I thought y'all was referring to carrying concealed with a "hot" firearm. My mistake Bigun, i'll go take a lap....:green:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    agree with ya on that TXI. I must have missed the "unloaded and zip tied" part, I thought y'all was referring to carrying concealed with a "hot" firearm. My mistake Bigun, i'll go take a lap....:green:

I am talking about carrying a "hot" firearm. 30.06 does not differentiate between hot and zip tied guns. When I carry a a gun show I am not carrying under the authority of a CHL.

Look at it this way; if a person does not have a CHL, that person cannot carry a handgun at the fairgrounds, correct? However, gun shows are exempt from penal code 46.02. People can carry handguns there without a CHL. I don't need a CHL to carry a a gun show; therefore, I am not violating 46.02 while carry at a gun show. Carry at a gun show is just like carry at a gun range.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I am talking about carrying a "hot" firearm. 30.06 does not differentiate between hot and zip tied guns. When I carry a a gun show I am not carrying under the authority of a CHL.

Look at it this way; if a person does not have a CHL, that person cannot carry a handgun at the fairgrounds, correct? However, gun shows are exempt from penal code 46.02. People can carry handguns there without a CHL. I don't need a CHL to carry a a gun show; therefore, I am not violating 46.02 while carry at a gun show. Carry at a gun show is just like carry at a gun range.
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........I got ya NOW. Thanks for clearing it up for me Bigun. :drummer:

Top Bottom