• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldjarhead56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    I have not been to a Gun Show in a lot of years. My wife, had recently obtained her License to Carry ID. She wanted to go to the Premier Gun Show in Round Rock, Texas, this past July. I have a LTC also. So, I go to the entrance of the show, and I am shocked to see erected, 30.06 and 30.07 signs! I said to myself, this must be a mistake. At a gun show, I thought? How the heck can that be? Well, after buying the wife a couple of holsters and a sturdy gun belt for LTC, I left. The more I thought about it, the madder I got. The only reason for the sign, I guess, is to prevent those once in a lifetime dealer or customer, bringing or showing a supposedly unloaded firearm, that was loaded, and a negligent discharge occurred. Since the dealers show the guns, simple procedures can be followed to make sure all display firearms are unloaded, which I know should be standard practice. Has anyone noticed at other Gun Shows, like Saxet, or other gun shows that have these 30.06/30,07 signs at the entrance ? If most of them do, I probably am done going to Gun Shows, unless the signs are removed. What do you all think about it?
    Gun Zone Deals

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    This is common.
    It's a liability thing.
    The show promoters/building owners/etc are dealing with the general public. All those rocket surgeons and brain scientists aren't known for their weapon handling expertise.
    Negligent discharges happen with depressing regularity.
    So the shows get posted.

On the other hand, concealed means concealed.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    This is common.
    It's a liability thing.
    The show promoters/building owners/etc are dealing with the general public. All those rocket surgeons and brain scientists aren't known for their weapon handling expertise.
    Negligent discharges happen with depressing regularity.
    So the shows get posted.

On the other hand, concealed means concealed.
    Yep!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    1e21cabb0a12451f6d4c33aa4929100f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not sure if those putting on the show have much say in it. Typically the building is rented for the weekend and it's probably the property owner who has a final say.

I think there was some kerfuffle when it came to government owned buildings being used but IIRC the county simply stopped allowing gun shows in their buildings. Travis county?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's more than a liability thing, it's a safety issue. With such a large number of people handling firearms, the potential of someone mindlessly doing so with a loaded weapon are too great to allow.

It would be possible if people followed the basic rules of firearm safety, but given the number of fingers on triggers, barrels pointed at others, the acceptance of a weapon without ensuring it's unloaded, and dry firing I've seen at gun shows, I for one welcome the restriction!

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    I have not been to a Gun Show in a lot of years. My wife, had recently obtained her License to Carry ID. She wanted to go to the Premier Gun Show in Round Rock, Texas, this past July. I have a LTC also. So, I go to the entrance of the show, and I am shocked to see erected, 30.06 and 30.07 signs! I said to myself, this must be a mistake. At a gun show, I thought? How the heck can that be? Well, after buying the wife a couple of holsters and a sturdy gun belt for LTC, I left. The more I thought about it, the madder I got. The only reason for the sign, I guess, is to prevent those once in a lifetime dealer or customer, bringing or showing a supposedly unloaded firearm, that was loaded, and a negligent discharge occurred. Since the dealers show the guns, simple procedures can be followed to make sure all display firearms are unloaded, which I know should be standard practice. Has anyone noticed at other Gun Shows, like Saxet, or other gun shows that have these 30.06/30,07 signs at the entrance ? If most of them do, I probably am done going to Gun Shows, unless the signs are removed. What do you all think about it?

Wait a minute, I was at that gun show getting magazines for my new P320 and my gf’s gun. Not to mention people were selling personal firearms there. Never saw a sign and the had LEO checking in guns on the left side of the entrance. Maybe I just missed them. I’ve never been to a gun show where they didn’t allow guns. Is this the one that’s down the road from Rudy’s BBQ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Did you happen to notice each and every gun being carried in was tagged out, usually with a zip tie through the action? Property owners and/or their designated principal parties can legally supersede the signage on their terms, and that is when you are granted the legal ability to carry the gun inside. It's just like if you come to my business, and I've posted 30.06 and 30.07. You can't legally waltz in with your gun, concealed or openly. But I, as the business owner, may say "if you follow my rules, you may enter with your gun."

Top Bottom