• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txjustin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Rosenberg
    Anybody going to the gun show at the George R Brown Convention Center this Saturday?? I am and plan on purchasing some ammo if it is priced right.
    Texas SOT

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    My advice is to get there early and head straight for the ammo vendors. Get what you want, then walk around and enjoy the show.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Pretty scarce at the shows? I haven't been to a gun show in several years.

If the doors open at 9:00am, the line will start forming at least as early as 8:00am. The ammo vendors are typically set up on the north/northeast side of the room (enter through the doors and go left). If you're okay with reloads for range ammo, Collins Cartridge Company is good quality stuff with not-so-bad pricing. They're usually at most of the GRB shows.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Yeah, Good Luck on the ammo part.

One of the best ammo vendors going > Big Dog Ammo aka ammunitiontogo.com is so low on ammo they are not showing any more (at least for now) ~ they say.

I was going to go but decided that it is pointless for the time being and I going to play Golf.

I need a good 7.62 rifle but I can wait for now.

Castrolr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Just got back and ammo was not a problem. I came home with 1000 rounds of .40 .45 & .260 rem. Guy ahead of me bought $8000 in ammo. I had to wait 45 minutes but it was worth it

clement

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TXSUT no, im not from Louisiana but i lived in Jennings for a couple years.
    I went to the gun show Saturday Morning, got there at 830 and was about 800 in line. I had to wait another 45mins to buy a case of 9mm that was not all that cheap. reloads were not even real cheap. probably wont go to another one for awhile. But i did pick up a gadget to reload the clips a little easier for 5 dollars might be the best 5 dollars i spent there.

txjustin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Rosenberg
    TXSUT no, im not from Louisiana but i lived in Jennings for a couple years.
    I went to the gun show Saturday Morning, got there at 830 and was about 800 in line. I had to wait another 45mins to buy a case of 9mm that was not all that cheap. reloads were not even real cheap. probably wont go to another one for awhile. But i did pick up a gadget to reload the clips a little easier for 5 dollars might be the best 5 dollars i spent there.

Thanks for the report. I did not make it due to the rumors of the huge lines to get in.

Top Bottom