• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    shiot, I may be slinging my reloading supplies and tactical stuff at liberty shows IF they've turned the corner. As of Last month, I decided to exit the Dallas and Houston markets due to lower volume and large expense getting there, having success generating local sales. SA is in our round house area radius. Thanks y'all for the heads up.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I saw the truck parked out along the power lines yesterday but didn't realize that the show was this weekend (they'd do themselves a favor by posting the dates on it!). I hadn't planned to go and at this time with the Premier show just a week away, I'm gonna save my money for it!

I still have to get your Rudyard Kipling book back to you, Bill!

Cheers! M2

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    No hurry on my end for the book Mike. I am planning to go to the premier show on Saturday. Teran's at 8? Not sure I'll be able to go as Ruth had surgery last week, but I'm gonna try.

nailski

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Centex
    Anyone going to the show this weekend at Pedrotti's? I will probably go Sunday early.

I went Saturday looking for parts for an AR build and was not very impressed with the number of vendors or the product selection. I haven't made it to a Premier show...is it more comparable to a SAXET show?

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I went Saturday looking for parts for an AR build and was not very impressed with the number of vendors or the product selection. I haven't made it to a Premier show...is it more comparable to a SAXET show?
    if you could only go to one show, you would want to go to the Premier Show. Usually have 800-1000 vendors there

3AXBAT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    I went to Pedrotti's again this weekend. Not a big show, and I wouldn't drive long distance to see it, but it's almost in my backyard.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I stopped by this show late this morning, I had to go downtown for a meeting and it was on my way home, so I thought I'd give it another shot. This was only my second time going, we went to the first Liberty show at this location. Well, the lighting may have been improved; but there were less vendors (the second room was only about a third full) and a very light crowd. I was in and out in about a half an hour. I did talk with one of the vendors I know and he said up until 11:00 the only people there were other vendors. I still think the majority of the crowd I saw was still other vendors at around noon.

To be honest, while I like this little gun show, I don't see it lasting. It simply cannot compete with the much bigger SAXET and Premier events. With so few vendors, it's unlikely you'll find any good deals and you such as heck won't be able to negotiate on prices. After this weekend, I would bet more vendors will opt out of this show simply because they are not making any money at $65/table. Liberty only has one more show on their schedule in May for this location, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any more past it.

Cheers! M2

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    I would have to agree with you Mike, I don't think they'll be around much longer. I went in February and again in March, and saw a difference in that the number of participants was declining. I do like the atmosphere there though, and saw a few guns that I don't normally see at the others. I wish they would stick around, but I don't see it happening.

Top Bottom