• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3AXBAT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    I just saw a roadside sign for a gunshow this weekend 18-19 Jan at Pedrotti's, on Hausman Road, a mile outside 1604. It's a Liberty show. The website shows it sked for mid-month Jan - May. Has anyone else heard of this?
    Target Sports

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    When did you go? Because the last one DEFINITELY showed good growth, both in terms of attendees AND quality of vendors. Sure - some were still high, but that's true at any show. I think they're on the right track, though.

Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    It's been 9 months or a year since I went to that one. More jewelry and purse dealers than guns. Good to hear they are improving. Can never have too many gun shows.

3AXBAT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    I went to the show on Saturday, about 11AM. Parking was a little odd, they used the power line clearing as a parking lot. It was not hard to access, easy-in & easy-out, a couple of security guys in the lot and no parking fee. It could wind up being a long hike to the show. The show itself was pretty good. The venue was full, I didn't see any empty tables. The aisles were narrow. While the usual jerky, purse and wire-stripper vendors were there, it was overwhelmingly a gun show.

I don't think I'd travel from out-of-town, but overall, I'd recommend it to a friend.

RugerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Good show, however I overheard parking assistants saying, "Make sure no one is selling guns in the parking lot, or else they'll be arrested by the ATF." HAHAHA what a joke.

Badfish

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    San Antonio,TX
    Was curious how this show was. I saw a sign for it as well Friday but I didn't have time to make it by. Glad to hear it was at least decent. I'm off Braun rd so it's five minutes down the road from me.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    We went Saturday morning, it's a cool venue but the lighting was poor in a lot of areas. Aisles were small as well, but it was better than the Live Oak Civic Center!

Overall, being so close it was worth the time but I would say if you missed it you didn't miss too much. It was crowded though...

Maybe next time we can get a group together to go!

Cheers! M2

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    I went there today. Not horrible, but the previous mentions of narrow aisles, and poor lighting are definitely true. Saw a few nice pieces there though.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Was that show this past weekend? I couldn't have gone because I was stuck in Japan. Tokyo experienced two of its worst snowfalls in the past 45 years this past week, one last weekend when I arrived and the other this weekend when I was trying to leave! :P

While this isn't a big show I will still probably go on occasion if only because of how convenient it is. I literally live 5-10 minutes away, but honestly for the effort you are better of going to the SAXET show the first weekend of the month because it's cheaper to get in to (especially if you have breakfast at IHOP and leave your vehicle there), it's much larger and you don't need to bring a flashlight to see the goods! Pedrotti's is a neat place but it's a better venue for line dancing than it is a gun show!

Cheers! M2

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    Glad you made it home safe Mike. I totally agree. I was through there in less than an hour, but I will go on occasion because of the proximity. Next time we go to SAXET, we'll take my car over there (DV plates=free parking).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Glad you made it home safe Mike. I totally agree. I was through there in less than an hour, but I will go on occasion because of the proximity. Next time we go to SAXET, we'll take my car over there (DV plates=free parking).

Bill, DV tags aren't free at SAXET as it's private property. That only works at Freeman which is city property and no longer an issue since Premier pays for the parking itself so customers don't have to...

The best bet is to join us for breakfast at IHOP then leave your car there and walk over to SAXET.

And thanks for the welcome home, but I've leaving again in about an hour! :(

Cheers! M2

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    I can assure you they do not charge me for parking at SAXET. It may not be the law, but the parking attendant snaps to, salutes, and waves me through. Just policy I guess, not law.

Top Bottom