Join TexasGunTalk

Gun Show Dallas Market Hall

Discussion in 'Events' started by avvidclif, Nov 17, 2017.

1. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Turkey weekend. 11/25-11/26 9-5 www.dallasarms.com

2. Fishhog

Fishhog Member

Sep 27, 2017
    East of Dallas
    Afraid I gave up on that show. Driving an hour or more to see a bunch of empty tables and the show maybe half of what it used to be. It's a shame, I always looked forward to going there.

3. vmax

vmax TGT Addict

Apr 15, 2013
    I can't see giving up hunting on a prime day to go this time
    I'm gonna be a no show

4. Tanked84

Tanked84 Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Killeen, TX
    I wish I could go. I will have to wait till there is one closer to me.

5. sineypem

sineypem Well-Known

Oct 19, 2014
    TEXAS
    Let me know if you find anything good I'll stop by

6. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The heydays are over. Who here remembers the gun shows in 1995/96 after the Texas CHL laws first passed?

7. Fishhog

Fishhog Member

Sep 27, 2017
    East of Dallas
    Heck I've been going to gun shows since the 70's and have watched the decline of them pretty steadily since about 2000 or so. Every now and then something like the CHL laws passing or threats of Democratic rule causes a flurry....but it doesn't seem to last long. Obama seems to have the record as far as I can see for ramping up gun shows.

8. vmax

vmax TGT Addict

Apr 15, 2013
    I do
    That was also a out the time they had SKS stacked up like cordwood for $79

seeker_two likes this.
  9. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    vmax,

YEP. I well remember that era. = A group of us from over in NETX traveled in a friend's motorhome for the weekend & I think that all of us brought home at least 2 SKS each.
    (I think that T paid 120.oo OTD for the 2 Russian-made/mid-1950s ones that I bought. = The vendor has NUMEROUS cases of SKS at his booth.)

yours, satx

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  10. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Gunshows started going south back during Bush I.
    Many of y'all are probably too young to remember but prior to 1986 getting any kind of ammo, components, many gun parts, etc was mucho verboten thru the mails.
    The same legislation that killed full-auto also opened up regular gun stuff to mail order. You pretty much HAD to have an FFL to get anything thru mail order.(There was no InnerWeBz back then). Heck, even empty brass had to go thru an FFL.
    The result was many gun bugs had FFL's to further their hobby. These guys did shows to buy/sell/trade to further their collections and participate in the hobby.
    After the change the ATF started cracking down on "kitchen table" FFL's. Many of them gave up their FFL's.
    This started a sea change of gun show vendors to change from serious gun dorks to people strictly driven by profit. These people are mostly pirates and do not give a damn about doing a mutual beneficial deal. They just want to rape you. Its all about the money now.
    I still attend a show now and then. Mainly for entertainment purposes. Haven't bought a gun(or even accessories) in years.

Lost Spurs, BRD@66 and satx78247 like this.