Join TexasGunTalk

Gun Show Dallas Market Hall

Discussion in 'Events' started by avvidclif, Jan 5, 2019.

1. sharkey

sharkey Well-Known

Feb 25, 2013
    Well most likely, they want to limit people pulling out loaded guns to try holsters or other reasons. Shot Show is the same way. I think the NRA expo allowed LTC with no issue.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

This.
    I still go but its mainly for the entertainment of laughing at the retarded prices.
    Anything classic or collectable is insanely priced. Or its been Bubba'ed to hell. Sometimes both!
    No I am not interested in your 1950's chop job 1903 Springfield for $1000.
    Colt Pythons are a typical example. $3000 for a six shot revolver?!?!?!?! Pythons aren't all that great anyways but $3K?!?!?! No wonder there are so many for sale.
    For $3K+ the damn thing better come with a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader.

Surplus Guy and sidebite252 like this.
  3. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Well I went yesterday and had a good time. Lots of BS spread around. But as said, it's on life support and the O2 tank is on empty. Not a lot of large dealers. The main hall was appx 1/2-2/3 full. Nothing in the side or back room. Wide isles, etc. The last Big Town show I went to was larger. I keep saying I'm not going any more but who knows. Cost $20 to get in (2 of us), sold a scale for $20 and got my knife sharpened for $4 and wandered for 3+ hours. Enjoyable day. Then went to the VFW and watched the Cowboys win.

sharkey and lonestardiver like this.
  4. lonestardiver

lonestardiver Well-Known

Dec 12, 2010
    Briar
  5. lonestardiver

lonestardiver Well-Known

Dec 12, 2010
    Briar
    Right now I like to go because there are a number of vendors I visit with each show. It allows me to get out of the house. Being I recently had neck surgery and activities are limited, being able to be on my feet and walk around for several hours is a very good thing. Did I say it allows me to get out of the house ? There is a vendor there I can get certain bullets from that I can’t seem to get elsewhere and even with tax it cheaper than I could get them shipped. Of course at the moment I can’t carry much but it allows me to concentrate on my quest for High Standards.

6. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    Ft Worth is held at City owned property, so by law cannot be 30.06 posted by the city. The stock show used to be posted every year until the law changed. Now the signs at the ticket counters are all gone. (rodeo is still off limits by law though)

7. orbitup

orbitup Sticker Cop TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    South of Dallas
    I quit going to Market hall but I still go to Big Town sometimes.

vmax likes this.
  8. Surplus Guy

Surplus Guy My aim is steady. My temper is not. TGT Supporter

Jul 21, 2017
    N Texas
    I will drink to that!