• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Bored so the wife and I decided to head over to Market Hall in Dallas and see what the big D show has to offer.

Crowd was very light. Vendors I spoke with said it was very slow. Found a vendor packing up and offered a ridiculous price on a S&W 586 and he accepted. Said something about it paying for his table for the day.

Many vendors I spoke with said the ATF was there, offering to purchase, showing an out-of-state license and when denied, had a partner posing as a relative or spouse offer to purchase for them. No one said anything about anyone being busted, but vendors were nervous.
    Gun Zone Deals

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    The light crowd MAY have been because, apparently, anyone in Texas who owns a motorcycle was here in Austin for the RoT Rally! LOTS o' bikers here this weekend! There are gonna be some HOT, sunburned folks headed back to work tomorrow! ;)

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I was there Saturday, the parking lot was packed, but it wasn't too crowded inside. I finally saw the Keltec KSG in person, price was $1300!

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    The important part of the story here is the S&W 586! Absolutely gorgeous guns; much nicer than the 686 IMO. Any photos?

SW_586_01.jpg

Everything feels very tight.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Nice find. Glad you got it.
    Not surprised at agents trying to lure a dealer into a trap. Pisses me off that they harass the legit people and "walk" the crooks.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    I was there. I picked up a nice gun belt, a couple hundred rounds of ammo, a magazine tube rail mount for a mossberg, and a Streamlight TLR-3 to go on it. I was looking for an M&P Shield, but no one at the show had one. A lot of the vendors did seam to be packing up a little early on Sunday afternoon.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Counterfeit products? I must be naive. I wasn't aware of this.

I saw some counterfeit magpul stuff. Also I saw some guns that were referred to the wrong gen, ie a gen 3 labelled gen 4

Edit: counterfeit magpul I have heard off UBr, acs, ps, buis, slings, just about everything. Google countrfeit magpul to see the signs

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    I saw some counterfeit magpul stuff. Also I saw some guns that were referred to the wrong gen, ie a gen 3 labelled gen 4

Edit: counterfeit magpul I have heard off UBr, acs, ps, buis, slings, just about everything. Google countrfeit magpul to see the signs

and some of the counterfeit stuff looks very close to the real thing unless you start reading whats printed on the product you might not notice.

Top Bottom