Military Camp

Gun Show @ George R Brown this weekend (May 3-4)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Is anyone going?

Is it worth going?

I have only been to 1 show since moving here 3.5 years ago. I cannot remember which one it was, so I was hoping some locals peeps could chime in.

Thinking of going to see if I can find a deal on anything and if not maybe seeing if I can pull a boondoggle on a Rock Island 1911 in .45.

Sent from an undisclosed location.
    Gun Zone Deals

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I've been to a couple of those High Caliber shows at the GRB. They're just slightly larger variants of the similar shows in Pasadena and other such places minus the free parking. When you add parking to the cost, it's not worth it for me. I would do it for the much better HGCA show.

Camacho_jc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    I been there twice , it's bigger than the one on Pasadena or Conroe if u don't mind the expensive parking it might be worth it

Buzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    IMO it is just too annoying to go to any gun show at the George R Brown Center, with one recent exception, the annual NRA show a year or so ago. Reason, parking. Too expensive and too annoying.

When it comes to Hi Calibur shows I limit it to Pasadena mostly as that is on my side of town. If I was north I'd hit the Conroe one.
    On occasion I'll hit the Hi Caliber Show when it shows up at Reliant Center (the old Astrodome complex). Advantage Pasadena and Conroe shows, no parking fees. I make the exception for Reliant events as I find locating a place to park far less annoying than R Brown center and FAR less chance of running into winos and street critters with crazy eyes that shamble by mumbling to themselves.

Serious, I've had that happen too often when going back and forth to parking at George R Brown. Avoid that environ.

As another said, I'd save up for the Houston Gun Collectors show coming up at the end of this month. Always a huge show.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom