• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluHog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Ellis County
    At home somewhere I have a flyer about some kinda gun show or auction or something in Waxahachie (Ellis County, just south of Dallas). As I recall, it's some time in OCT. I'll try to find the notice and post something here later but I'm curious as to whether anyone else has any information about this.

BluHog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Ellis County
    Excellent - thank you! I've saved that URL for future reference. And I finally got a moment here to post the information on that event in Waxahachie.

It's the Ellis County Friends of NRA. Evidently they have a website at www.friendsofnra.org/TX but I've not checked that out yet. At any rate, here's what I got from the postcard:
    • 2nd Annual Dinner and Auction
    • 9 OCT 2008 (Doors open 5:30 PM)
    • Waxahachie Civic Center, 2000 Civic Center Lane
    • Dinner Ticket - $25.00 each
    • Live and Silent Auctions, Drawings & Games
    They also have a package that includes some extras. But it appears to me to be primarily a fund raiser rather than a gun show, per se. I'm a relatively new member of the NRA but I believe the "Friends of the NRA" is a program for fund raising - but I might well be wrong about that.

The Waxahachie Civic Center, BTW, is more or less on the SE corner of the junction of I-35E and US-287.

Top Bottom