• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87'vette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Anybody going to the "gun show" I'm sure it will be a waste of time. I'm tempted to go to get a good laugh. I've been attending shows since 2002. how times have changed. I guess if you're looking for candles, jewelry, books, tasers, and holsters.... you're good.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    I’m guessing you are talking about the Market Hall show.

I know that 70% of shows now seem to be nothing more than fluff, but I try to look at it as a way to get me out of the house for a bit where I can mix and mingle in person. And, if nothing else, it’s good to go just to support some of the smaller guys. While I don’t enjoy walking up to a table to see beat up boxes of ammo priced at $2 per round, at the South Fork show last month I did find two reasonably priced and very clean bayonets for my Mauser and M1, as well as some cheap magazines.

The two bonuses at the SF show: I don’t have to deal with the gang bangers and meth makers that fill the aisles at the Market Hall show for two days, so it was a better experience, and they don’t have a mask mandate.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    The gun shows I've been to in the past couple of years has been a complete waste of time. Mainly I've gone when a friend wants to go. Fluff, garbage and when there are guns and ammo, it's waaaay over priced compared to stuff you can buy locally. Save your $8 admission fee and put it towards ammo.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    The one at El Maida Shriners is on it’s last day tomorrow.

I’ll bring the hot SMG ONLY 9mm with me (found another couple boxes today).

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    As long as you know what to expect gun shows are still enjoyable to me. I always go when I can.

I can't offer much help on any El Paso shows though.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    The marketing for these shows is terrible.

After a quick google search, I was able to find the details this afternoon; but with no advertising or word of mouth, I missed it... Oh well. Next time.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Anybody going to the "gun show" I'm sure it will be a waste of time. I'm tempted to go to get a good laugh. I've been attending shows since 2002. how times have changed. I guess if you're looking for candles, jewelry, books, tasers, and holsters.... you're good.

I don't do EP gun shows anymore. I'm sick of seeing DelTon ARs for 2400 dollars.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Oh wait wait. I have a funny yet TERRIBLE gun show story.

The last time I went to one, was about 8 years ago. The night before, a friend of mine sent me a picture of his penis for I don't know what reason. I got pissed off cause my kids would watch cartoons on my phone at night, sometimes. I expressed my disapproval of it, in more ways than one, and went to bed.

So the next day I go to this "gun show" and come across a Beretta M9A1. At this time, I had really wanted one, but I didn't think the asking price of 1200 bucks was reasonable. So the two fellows said "show me a better price, and I'll beat it". So they are both looking at my screen as I unlock it and swipe my way into a new low in my life. A picture of my buddy's penis.

Man... There was nothing I could say to make it better, but still I tried. "Oh shit that's not what you guys think. My friend just sent an unsolicited picture of his penis and I got on him..." I just shut the **** up and walked outside to my car.

Till this day, this image is singed into my memory. So when I read, or hear the words "gun show", I just see coc in my face.

True and accurately recounted story. I guess the moral of the story is that a dick pic won't get you an M1A at a gun show.

Have a good one...

Top Bottom