• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Pasadena Texas gun show November 11th. One of the best smaller shows around. Free parking.

Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2017
    I went to the Saxet show yesterday (Saturday Nov.4th) and I walked out with an excellent condition Swiss K31 and Swede M96. I didn't bother walking all the tables because half the tables are beef jerky or some other crap so I went straight for the milsurps. I'd been looking for a K31 for a while so I was stoked to see a beauty and didn't hesitate. The M96 was so much nicer than the one I already have so I bought it and will probably sell the one I already had somewhere down the road.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I went to the Saxet show yesterday (Saturday Nov.4th) and I walked out with an excellent condition Swiss K31 and Swede M96. I didn't bother walking all the tables because half the tables are beef jerky or some other crap so I went straight for the milsurps. I'd been looking for a K31 for a while so I was stoked to see a beauty and didn't hesitate. The M96 was so much nicer than the one I already have so I bought it and will probably sell the one I already had somewhere down the road.

Pete,

WELCOME ABOARD.

CONGRADS on your "finds".

yours, satx

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

1tw9d5.jpg

6.5mm Swede are wonderful rifles.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I went to a gun show yesterday as well, albeit one out of state; and here's a few observations for comparison's sake...

This gun show--in a very gun-friendly state (even more so than Texas)--did not allow loaded weapons into the venue. There were numerous signs and law enforcement personnel present enforcing it.

Parking and entry were more expensive ($4 and $12 respectively) given the size of the show (200-300 tables).

Prices were about what I normally see at Texas shows or just a little higher. Selection was about the same as well, although the ration of gun/ammo tables to "other" items was better. I would say 90% of the items offered were gun-related, whereas that percentage tends to be about 75-80% at home. They still had the usual eyeglass cleaners and fudge sellers though...

That said, I was in and out of this show in 45 minutes, and that with walking the entire floor twice. I probably stopped to talk with 4-5 vendors about items they were offering. Most times we are at SAXET for about two hours.

The bottom line is while most gun shows are just a shadow of what they used to be, Texas still has better ones than those I've experienced over my travels to other states (Nevada, Florida, etc.) these past years.

Cheers! M2

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Dig the K31... hoping I can get to a show and pick one up soon. Any decent shows coming to SA area soon? I know there are some lists of shows online, but is there a general consensus on which shows are "good" vs. "Chinese knife vendors"?

Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2017
    I've only been to the Saxet gun show a few times and I'm aware of the Austin highway gun show but I've never attended. The Saxet show is decent but nothing special. There are a lot of tables and a lot of guns but at the same time a lot of the tables aren't firearm related. When I go to a show I'm looking for older collectible firearms that are in good condition. I love military surplus guns for their rich history and affordable prices. If I could afford it I would be in the market for Winchester lever guns from the 1800s. Having said that, tables with guns I would be interested in seem to be few and far between at Saxet. Someone with different interests than me might find Saxet better suited to their needs.

I remember traveling with my dad to Cody Wyoming and Tulsa Oklahoma years ago. He had tables every year at several shows in different states. I never got to go to the Vegas antique arms show with him because I wasn't invited lol. He was a dealer/collector of Henry rifles and all the different Winchester lever guns. Those shows were more aimed at antique firearms which is where my interests are.

I guess its hard to compare local monthly shows to annual national shows. I'd say Saxet is above average for what it is.

Top Bottom