Target Sports

Gun Shows and 30.06/ Do You Give Them a Pass?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    also, the guns shows in dallas and ft worth sell alcohol, which we all know the state and federal laws dont like mixing of guns and alcohol.....

i mean really, you are surrounded by thousands of people and more guns than any crew that would storm the place would have.....

just leave the pistol at home or in the car, and buy one while you are there on the way out, if the problem arises open the case of the new gun and scare the perp away..... once you get outside the door of the gun show, if you have a chl, take and load the magazine of your new pistol, and throw it in your holster.....

problem solved.

Don't know of any federal laws, but the state law is 51%. It means that if a buisness derives 51% of its total sales from alcohol, it is illegal to carry there. I am pretty sure that the DFW gun shows dont sell more Buds than Bushmasters.

I have NEVER seen any security {other than the cop at the front door zip tying your guns} in the parking lot. In Austin the Texas spelled backward show is in a less than sterling part of town. Not an area I care to be disarmed in. You never know when the guy getting the grill in fleamarket next door might need to recover some of his losses, and look, a whole bunch of unarmed citizens to contribute to the ice for my grill fund.

Let me ask you this, would you go to a gun store that posted 30.06?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    There is a reason I carry all the time and do not ever leave my firearm in my vehicle. Therefore I do not go to a gun show. All the rationality in the world can be applied as to why they have the 30.06 sign. I do, will not, shop at a place where I am not wanted. Just my personal feelings.

You feel unwanted? Need a hug?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    initially sure, to see what kinds of people they were and to see what kind of products the might carry....

i wouldn't neccessarily buy from them, but just to go in and check things out, i could lock the p14 in the lockbox for 10-15 mins....

think of all the years that you didnt carry before you got your CHL, if for example you were un armed for 10-15 mins, to me wouldnt be the end of the world....

i am not saying i would support that particular business, but to go in and look around i wouldnt have a problem with....

Would you pay 5-7 dollars to look around? That is what you do at a gun show. You are paying for the privilege of being disarmed.

And for the record, the CHL just means I carry legally.

dannysdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    It seems like the older I get, the less I feel like fighting the world. If there are TWO gun shows and only one of them permits concealed carry, that is where I will go. If there is only ONE gun show and 30.06 is posted, I leave it in the car. If I need something and the only place to make the purchase has a 30.06 posted, I leave the gun in the car.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It seems like the older I get, the less I feel like fighting the world. If there are TWO gun shows and only one of them permits concealed carry, that is where I will go. If there is only ONE gun show and 30.06 is posted, I leave it in the car. If I need something and the only place to make the purchase has a 30.06 posted, I leave the gun in the car.

And if I am looking to steal a gun, you are a VERY EASY mark. Most of you don't put it anywhere but in the console or under the seat.

You do the rest of us no favors, but should your gun be stolen, and used in an armed robbery, rest easy in the fact that you have a defense to prosecution, as you had your piece stolen.{ while you supported the very people who made the decision to be disarmed for you.}

It takes less than 10 seconds to break a window, and search a car for valuables.

dannysdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    And if I am looking to steal a gun, you are a VERY EASY mark. Most of you don't put it anywhere but in the console or under the seat.

You do the rest of us no favors, but should your gun be stolen, and used in an armed robbery, rest easy in the fact that you have a defense to prosecution, as you had your piece stolen.{ while you supported the very people who made the decision to be disarmed for you.}

It takes less than 10 seconds to break a window, and search a car for valuables.

You've overestimated my level of interest in doing you a favor.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You've overestimated my level of interest in doing you a favor.

Us being the rest of the gun community. You know, the majority of us who are responsible gun owners. The ones who would not dream of leaving a firearm where it could be easily stolen because it is a matter of convenience for them because, "Hey, I will just be a few minutes. What could happen"?:mad:

dannysdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Us being the rest of the gun community. You know, the majority of us who are responsible gun owners. The ones who would not dream of leaving a firearm where it could be easily stolen because it is a matter of convenience for them because, "Hey, I will just be a few minutes. What could happen"?:mad:

Do you think that some well educated,highly trained,handsome and charming individual like you, is going to have an impact on how I live my life?

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

Where in the hell did you pull all this from? The discussion is about Gun Shows and 30.06 postings. He didn't address in detail "how" or where he might leave a gun if he were to attend one of these shows and not be able to carry it with him. He simply commented on he would handle a Gun Show with a 30.06 posting.

Chill out...... ;)

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hey guys, lets keep it civil here please. We all have differing opinions sometimes, but lets not resort to attacking one another.

Speaking from my own personal experience in having two different cars broken into, things can happen ridiculously fast! The first time it happened to me, I parked at a Wendy's, locked the car, walked inside, and within no more than 10 seconds someone called out in a loud voice that a car was being vandalized. I went outside immediately and they had already peeled out and taken off. What was amazing is this was approximately a 15 second time period from the moment I stepped through the front door of Wendy's, and they managed to crow bar my passenger door open, crow bar the stereo out of the dash, grab my cd's out of the glovebox, hop in their truck and pull off, all in 15 seconds! I was amazed to say the least. The thing that disappointed me the most though was the fact that I was somewhat in condition white the whole time when I really should have been in condition yellow (basically meaning alert for those unfamiliar with Jeff Cooper). I had initially noticed some suspicious looking guys in the corner of the parking lot, but I just kind of brushed it off and thought nothing more of it. I have since learned my lesson. The moral of the story is, everyone should live their life as they see fit. Though just remember that things can happen in the blink of an eye. A couple seconds, a couple of minutes is all that's needed for a situation to make a complete about face.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Where in the hell did you pull all this from? The discussion is about Gun Shows and 30.06 postings. He didn't address in detail "how" or where he might leave a gun if he were to attend one of these shows and not be able to carry it with him. He simply commented on he would handle a Gun Show with a 30.06 posting.

Chill out...... ;)

And that would be leaving his gun in the car if he had to pick something up from a 30.06 posted buisness{ including a posted gun show} as opposed to LEAVING IT AT HOME if he knew he would be going somewhere posted. But no, just leave it in the car, nothing would ever happen in such a short amount of time.

A big argument against 30.06 is that criminals will know who is disarmed at posted establishment.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    95% of criminals arent smart enough to put 2 and 2 together, and realize that there might be a gun at that establishment.

that's why they are criminals, lacking of better judgment and intelligence....

Well based on experience, I would say you are very wrong. I train security officers. I teach the Level III Commissioned Security Officer class. One of the things I hear ALL of the time{ and I teach people NOT to do this} from officers coming in for a requalification, is that their gun was stolen when they stopped and used the restroom at a gas station.You see, a security officer may not carry his gun anywhere his company does not have a contract to provide security services for.
    {with the exception of travelling to and from work}

Most people{ and no one go off on how security officers are morons who could not find any other work,please} will just put their firearm under the seat or in the console. I have seen and heard this firsthand from CHLers and others.

Criminals are opportunists, and sneaky. Not always stupid. And when an opportunity presents itself to score a weeks worth of rock for about 10 seconds or less work, they will take it. The gun owner who leaves his/her weapon where someone else can get it is the stupid one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom