• ...and so much more!
  • Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Sometimes, a short and to the point,

"Bite Me"

Is the best response to a jerk. I wandered through the FW Gun Show recently and saw both the good and the bad. There really are more decent and accomodating folks out there, but the bad ones stand out more and stick in your mind.

Jeff B.
    Lynx Defense

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    I have come across a few that were so full of themselves that their arrogance was overwhelming.

I asked one of the bog dealers about a discount off the marked price on a S&W 340 PD. He said that gun is hard to find and walked off. He just walked off and started BS'n with another guy behind the table. He was not talking with a customer and I fully intended to buy. I for one am done with the big dealers at gun shows.

I went to the Ft. Worth Gun Show a couple of weeks ago. Same experience here. While there were some approachable dealers many were arrogant and distant. Some never bothered to get off of their butts and sat in their little chairs yapping with whoever was behind the table with them.

I used to not like dealing with the retail places like Academy. But a recent purchase there has turned me around. The sales person was curteous, friendly, not overbearing, etc, and they had the best price for the 10/22 I was looking for. I have also found a local pawn shop where the owner is the only employee, very outgoing and friendly, and negotiable.

I just found the whole gunshow thing irritating and probably won't attend many more.

Craig

CGoodwin

Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    The gun shows are entertaining, but I do all of my buying and selling on forums such as these. The downside, of course is that I cannot handle the gun prior to my purchase, but the upside is that I do not have to pay $7-10 for the priviledge of shopping, dealing with quite a few amateurs in the process, and usually getting gouged on prices. It used to be that gun shows were rife with good bargains and generally good folk. Lately, I have been unimpressed. I shop at Academy/Bass Pro Shop, and buy on the 'net!

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    We went to the gun show at the Reliant Center a couple of weeks ago on Sunday. It was empty. I think the rush is over. Plenty of all kinds of ammo at decent prices. Many of the guns especially the AR styles had reduced prices compared to 6 months ago. I have been looking for a Taurus Raging Bull in 44mag with a 6.5 inch barrel in SS or blued and they are hard to find. A few in 44 mag and 8" barrel and a lot of 454 Casull. I found a new SS one in 41 mag and started to ask a few questions about the gun, caliber, and why the Taurus revolvers are fairly hard to find and the guy walked away. Didn't want to talk or answer questions. Not a good idea when we were the only 2 people at his booth. I guess I will keep on looking.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    The gun shows are entertaining, but I do all of my buying and selling on forums such as these. The downside, of course is that I cannot handle the gun prior to my purchase, but the upside is that I do not have to pay $7-10 for the priviledge of shopping, dealing with quite a few amateurs in the process, and usually getting gouged on prices. It used to be that gun shows were rife with good bargains and generally good folk. Lately, I have been unimpressed. I shop at Academy/Bass Pro Shop, and buy on the 'net!
    I just bought a new Bushmaster @ Academy for $950.00. Great price and the counter kid was happy to help. Kuddos to Academy.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    My experiences at gun shows have been pretty good over the years. People actually dealing arms, ammo, or gun-related equipment have almost always been friendly and courteous. But it's the garbage sellers...clothes, jewelry, posters, whatever...that are the ones with major attitude. When I've run into jerks like that I just say, "It's a wonder you ever make a dime," and just walk on by.

Top Bottom