Military Camp

Gun Shows Around February Within a Couple of Hours of Austin.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DenverDuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Northfield, MN
    Making another trip to the Austin area in February to get out of CA. We have some flexibility for travel dates. What would be the best/largest gun show to attend around the month of February? Looking for something within 2-3 hours of Austin.

Many thanks in advance....
    Capitol Armory ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    The SAXET show in San Antonio the first weekend of every month is probably your best bet, unless Premier has something scheduled (they haven't released their 2014 schedule yet). Best you check back on this forum as it gets closer to February to see what's going on.

By the way, you're the second person this week I've heard of moving to SA from SoCal. We had a guy at breakfast before the SAXET show last Saturday that was making the same move. He isn't bringing any of that SoCal mentality with him, I hope you're planning to do the same as Austin is already overabundant with the stuff...

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    (don't believe he's "moving" to Texas, just visiting (?))

Duck - your best bet is to do a Google Search for "texas gun shows"

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I agree with Max, if your schedule can work around a Premier show, that would be best. I like Saxtet alright, but if I was coming in from out of town I would prefer Premier.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Is the SA Saxet show bigger/better than the Austin Saxet show?

Yes, I would guess the Travis County Expo Center shows to hold about 500-600 tables, the San Antonio Event Center show is about 800 tables. The Premier show at the Freeman Expo Center (next to the AT&T Center where the Spurs play) was up to 1000 tables before they consolidated down to one hall, now it's about 900 tables but that show seems to have better vendors and a lower "other-stuff-to-gun-stuff' ratio. Plus, they could compress the aisles to allow for more tables, but it would make it a less pleasant experience, something SAXET has yet to realize.

Plus, the folks that run the Premier shows are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. They treat us extremely well and we need to support them as much as we can!

DenverDuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Northfield, MN
    The info. is much appreciated!

We are planning on make the move out of SoCal. This will be the 2nd trip.

I was born and raised in the sticks of Northern Minnesota so I won't be taking any of that Liberal CA mentality with me! Part of the reason we are getting out of here!

Top Bottom