Texas SOT

Gun Shows May 15 & 16: Abilene Amarillo Austin Dallas / Mesquite Live Oak Wichita

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Just drove by William Cannon and I-35 and they have a big balloon and a banner at the old Target building for the Gun Show. Kewl, I live two miles from that place.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I will be at the one in Austin tomorrow... I will be spending some time at the SELPH ARMS booth around 12:30 .. come on by.

Jeremy McDonald.

512Ram

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Central Texas
    last time i went to the south Austin one it was horrible, max about 15 booths... i was pissed, wanted my $7 back! Anybody know how many booths there gonna be this time?

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    last time i went to the south Austin one it was horrible, max about 15 booths... i was pissed, wanted my $7 back! Anybody know how many booths there gonna be this time?

I think that one is the biggest rip off that there is when it comes to gun shows. These people should be put out of business.

propellerhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We went to the one in Austin this weekend. That was NOT a gun show. That was a flea market with a few bits and pieces of old guns. We did not see any major vendor there with a table or two of new handguns. Just lots of old one-offs that look like pawn shop trade-ins. I think half the tables were the usual beef jerky, leather wallets, handbags, cabinet restoration products, decorative lamps, etc. What a waste of $14. I guess I've been spoiled by the Fort Worth gun shows, which happen to be the smaller one in DFW. At the FW one, if you're looking for an XD-9sc for example, you'll find it on maybe 3-5 different tables. Sometimes more.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    What a waste of $7.00 bucks at the Austin Gun Show. What a joke. Never will go back. I was out of there in less than 15 min. End of story.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Ok well there is plenty of space at that one... plenty of parking... I agree it was bad.. But what can we all do to increase it? Saxet is not coming back anytime soon...... So lets convince more vendors to start going and get that thing re vamped.

Top Bottom