• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Just wondering about ya'lls opinion on the Saxet Gun Show and The Texas Gun Show, I went to the last Texas Gun Show in San Antonio and pretty disappointed with it overall. Plan on going to the Saxet Gun Show this weekend hoping it will be better and bigger. Looks like there is also a texas Gun Show in Live Oak this weekend.

John
    Gun Zone Deals

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The Texas Gun Show is the same pathetic presentation no matter which venue it is at.
    Saxet is much larger and a little more entertaining. If you are looking for hard to find parts and mags or other accessories it is OK. If you are looking for an actual firearm, it is mostly dealers who are sustantially more expensive than brick and mortar stores or wholesalers.

There is no shortage of freaks, militia members and other various whackos. It is worth going on occasion just to say you did.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Texas Gun Show is generally a waste of time and money, but I have wasted lots of time and money at TGS to find things I never would never have found at SAXET (powder, primers, brass, challenge coins, books). O.K., maybe I could have, but never found them there at a good price.

Now that the big ammo and gun rush is over, you will find better deals at SAXET, but not much better than at LGS , Wal-Mart & Academy.

The guys that gouged us on .380 Auto at $50 a box of fifty FMJ's, have dropped their prices in line with Wally World at about $32/100, because you can now find it there almost any day.

Academy did a big price drop on their firearms, so you will most likely get a better deal there than at either of the two gun shows. Plus, we've got a bunch of new FFL's down here that will sell you a new gun for 5-10% over wholesale + transfer & papers.

Seems the Big Box stores and local FFL's are more agile in the price department than the gun-show pimps.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We go to the big SAXET show in SA pretty much every month. Sometimes it's lucrative, sometimes it's a bust; but we always enjoy it. I've probably bought over twenty firearms at it, mostly C&R milsurps but also a few AKs and other weapons. There are deals to be found, maybe not as good as some online vendors but at least you get to check out the firearm before purchasing it. Plus, as any good salesman knows, being able to put your hands on an item greatly increases you chances of buying it!

I've been to enough TGS shows to know not to get my hopes up, and I can't recall ever having purchased a gun at one. I will usually only attend one if I am really bored (like when the wife and kids are visiting her family) or if there's a new venue (we drove down to the first Floresville one). Still, we're usually done and gone in less than an hour; and if you were to know how much my son and I like to loiter around looking at firearms, you'd realize how pathetic those shows must be for that to happen!

The trick to the San Antonio show is to get there early (around 8:00am) and get a good parking spot (as well as parking for free!), then walk over to IHOP or the TexMex restaurant right next door and grab some breakfast. Just as you’re getting done, the show should be opening.

Cheers! M2

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I've had a few good finds at SAXET. It's kind of hit or miss and really depends on what you're looking for. I lucked out a couple months ago and found a threaded barrel for a Sig P228 that I had been wanting. Overall I'm usually pretty pleased with SAXET.

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    Just wondering about ya'lls opinion on the Saxet Gun Show and The Texas Gun Show, I went to the last Texas Gun Show in San Antonio and pretty disappointed with it overall. Plan on going to the Saxet Gun Show this weekend hoping it will be better and bigger. Looks like there is also a texas Gun Show in Live Oak this weekend.

John
    I may not ever return to a TGS. The last three were pretty bad. I just wish that a couple of vendors would also realize how bad it is and start selling at the SAXET show.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Having not been to a SAXET show in several years I'm not sure where they are anymore (in San Antonio). I know I can look it up, but would someone tell me where it is and do they charge for parking? The weather has pretty much slowed down the things I need to do so I'm gonna' take advantage of the time I have. Thanks.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    San Antonio Events Center [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    8111 Meadow Leaf
    San Antonio, TX
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Not sure about the parking.

John

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I think they were charging $5 in January for the parking, and $5 for entrance. Which was kind of a bad thing for me, 'cause I went with cash looking for something specific, and they took cash only for the parking and entrance. At least I'll be prepared this time.

R

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If going to the Saxet show check out the Collins Cartridge Company table. They have excellent prices on reloaded ammo.

Top Bottom