• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I would suggest a 20" bbl for your Grendel to go up to 1000 yds.
    As for optics, the simplest way is to get a scope with bdc turrets calibrated to your chosen load.
    123 gr SST or AMAX are the most popular.

MtnSpur

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Colorado City, TX
    I have a henry .22 that i love dearly, its been through alot in the little 3 years ive had it. I'd like to get a winchester 94 in 30-30 and a Winchester 1873 in 44-40, for the historical aspect and cool range toy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Definitely get an older(as in age) Win 94 in .30-30, you'll never regret the purchase. My Lever actions are not scoped, I learned on iron sights and that just works for me. My scoped Savage 10 in .243 is dead nutz on, shot after shot. Wasn't expensive but hey, it does the job. The key is to use a combination at the range and find which rifle works the best for you. I'm kinda getting older ;) and I learned on an M1 Garand and got the "M1 Thumb" to prove it. (Darn that hurt)... My FIL collected and never fired a variety of rifles. I still have a Winchester '94, with tags and box he bought at Target, on sale for $109 and has yet to be shot so you know it's been a while. It looks brand new, well, it is :) . I do have a love affair with that M1. First rifle I ever shot and learned how to take down and reassemble in the dark. I'm a product of a military school environment, with the ROTC program, and am grateful for all I learned as I enlisted in 1970. Preperation is everything.Experiennce trumps it all. The more long guns you can test, the better your purchase. Best of luck on your quest.

cesar medina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2014
    Look what i bought guys. 385 at primary arms
    a3334b78ec250c75b63ac990cce55f49.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Coby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2018
    Cedar Park
    Definitely get an older(as in age) Win 94 in .30-30, you'll never regret the purchase. My Lever actions are not scoped, I learned on iron sights and that just works for me. My scoped Savage 10 in .243 is dead nutz on, shot after shot. Wasn't expensive but hey, it does the job. The key is to use a combination at the range and find which rifle works the best for you. I'm kinda getting older ;) and I learned on an M1 Garand and got the "M1 Thumb" to prove it. (Darn that hurt)... My FIL collected and never fired a variety of rifles. I still have a Winchester '94, with tags and box he bought at Target, on sale for $109 and has yet to be shot so you know it's been a while. It looks brand new, well, it is :) . I do have a love affair with that M1. First rifle I ever shot and learned how to take down and reassemble in the dark. I'm a product of a military school environment, with the ROTC program, and am grateful for all I learned as I enlisted in 1970. Preperation is everything.Experiennce trumps it all. The more long guns you can test, the better your purchase. Best of luck on your quest.

Hello, do you still have the Winchester 94 available ?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Well I can't decide and I need help. Who ever gets the most votes will be the next one. Pick X95 tavor(cool factor and I don't have a bull pup),
    6.5 grendel AR15(no I haven't get to building it yet, hunting),
    6.5 creedmoor DMR build(just cause, distance shooting and hunting)
    Nazi mauser98(cool factor and my weird interest in nazi germany), swiss k31(cool factor and I hear it's really accurate),
    Henry lever action in 45 colt ( I like 45 colt and I like lever action), Winchester model 70 in 270(pre 64, hunting uses.
    In order:

X95: YES I own one and so should you, its the TAVOR tuned up and were it modular like the AR it go head to head with it. I spent the day with the owner of IWI on his range and fell in love with their products

6.5 Creed, good, really, really good, have fun exploring that world

Win 70 in .270: Truly a go to for hunting with one of the very best long case rds ever, setting in a bolt gun, old school for sure

Henry lever 45 LC: Fun and a good hog gun for the brush

Nazi Mauser 98: Hard to find in premo anymore, but a great base gun to build out your sporter

Swiss 31 after all the above

Top Bottom