• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samspade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    midlothian texas
    Its an older Llama .45, over 25 years old. It will not eject the hull. I can shoot it 1-3 times and it works then it want. I have tried differnent loads, different brands. I left with a suppose to be gun smith and he said it was the extractor. He had problems finding the correct part. Its close enough to a 1911 Colt, but enough difference to keep Colt from going after them. Yes it has been clean very well. Thanks

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    If you can't find a solution, Johnny Green can get it working. He's located in Hurst (817) 282-5929. He’s been a gunsmith for 30 or 40 years?...heck, longer than I’ve been alive. Prices are always good and he does a lot of work on 1911s and clones.

BT1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    USA
    Definitely sounds like a mistuned extractor. Field strip it down to the slide and insert a cartridge between the extractor claw and breech. Then shake. The cartridge should stay in place. If it falls out, the extractor tension is too loose. To remedy, you will have to bend the extractor slightly and gradually until it holds the cartridge. It's easiest to do that with the extractor worked halfway out of its channel in the slide, turned 180 degrees. I would like to give better instructions and links but I'm typing this on a stupid phone.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom