Lynx Defense

Gunbroker.com buyer problem- Please Help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt 70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston
    I bought a Maadi Ak-47 off gunbroker in December, paid within a week and have not yet recieved it. Could someone please tell me what are my options? The seller is in Ohio and I'm in Houston. How would small claims court case work?

I paid for it using money order and sent it certified to him in December I currently have all receipts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :1zhelp:
    Capitol Armory ad

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I bought a Maadi Ak-47 off gunbroker in December, paid within a week and have not yet recieved it. Could someone please tell me what are my options? The seller is in Ohio and I'm in Houston. How would small claims court case work?

I paid for it using money order and sent it certified to him in December I currently have all receipts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :1zhelp:

What's his story? Is he a regular seller or a dealer? Have you contacted GunBroker. Has he contacted your FFL for shipment or at least a copy of their FFL?

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I had a similar situation several years back (non Gunbroker though). I called the seller's hometown PD, talked to a real nice detective who said he would swing by the guy's house. Next thing I know, I got a call from the seller giving me a whole lot of BS excuses, but in the end, he sent the item and gave me the tracking number.

Might help.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    If you sent the payment via the US mail, this is likely a mail fraud situation the Postmaster's office will investigate. you may need to make a report through your local LE agency who will forward it to the Postmaster.

I can guarantee that no one wants any Federal investigator crawling up his hind end probing around. The threat of 5 years in Leavenworth having his hemmoroids smoothed out will change his tune.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    As others mentioned, USPS is one avenue. Another may well be the boys at BATF - since the money was paid on a firearm, they'd likely have jurisdiction - and those boys do NOT play.

Colt 70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston
    The seller received the FFL transfer info with the payment. I called him in mid January and he gave me an excuse and said it would be shipped in a couple of days, since then, I have emailed him three times and called twice with no answer or response.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll let y'all know what happens.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    In addition to everything everyone else mentioned, I would recommend this. First off, are you even able to contact the guy or is he not responding? Either way, I would recommend contacting him and simply say that you are at your wits end, and if he doesn't contact you immediately and get the gun sent out immediately with tracking info that you are contacting the BATF. That is usually enough to scare pretty much anyone straight.

Colt 70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston
    I paid 625 for it, the auction states it is an unfired Maadi imported by ACC-INT. I thought it was a good deal considering whats going on these days. The seller has a feedback rating of 14, all positives with a good history. So what happened was a big surprise. I'll try to call him today, if theres no answer I will contact gunbroker, USPS (I sent payment with them), and the BATF, as well as send him a certified letter explaining what I did.

Thanks again everyone.

The_Vigilante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Far West Texas
    Sorry to hear of your bad experience with Gunbroker. It only takes one bad apple. However, there is a cure for this bad apple-a Postal Inspector wanting to know why he is using the US Mail to commit mail fraud. He is in for a rude awakening and maybe some time in jail!!! Let us know how it turned out.

The Vigilante

Colt 70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston
    I just wanted to let everyone know that this guy is still not responding to my emails and phone calls. I just made fraud complaints to the USPS and gunbroker. Once again thanks everyone for their advice.

2bnag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    northeast texas
    Look at his feedback. If he has a lot of good feedback, he may be having some problems you don't know about. Definitely contact Gunbroker and see what they say.

The_Vigilante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Far West Texas
    The seller has the weapon but for some reason only known to him hasn't shipped it to the buyer who has already paid for it. If the seller has problems why hasn't he communicated with the buyer? Unless, of course, he is deceased or in the hospital. Is there any way to determine whether the money order has been cashed? Maybe he claims he didn't receive it. How was the money order sent? Was a signature required for proof of delivery? It's now in the hands of the USPS Postal Inspector's office. Hope they move fast!!!

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    All money order stubs have a # on them and it should be easy enough to check and see if they've been cashed.

It would be nice to know which seller this is, so we can all avoid that person.

Top Bottom