• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I found a great deal on a Hawg 9 on gunbroker.com so I used the "buy it now" option and sent a money order this morning. It's from a private seller who has good feedback, but not a bunch of it. I am feeling like I rolled the dice. Anybody?
    Guns International

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I want somebody to assure me that I am not going to be a victim of fraud and that they have made a like purchase and it went well.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Post the link to the auction. It will show up even if it's closed. Maybe one of us out here has bought something from the seller and can give you some feedback. I have bought and sold on Gunbroker and have not had any problems so far.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I want somebody to assure me that I am not going to be a victim.........

If anyone here could do that, there are some Bernie Madoff clients that would pay a great deal more than you will, for that service.

I bought 1 gun from a private seller on GunBroker and it went fine.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    If a seller has good feedback, you're probably safe. However, you need the check the sellers feedback. Were they buyers or sellers? If sellers, did they sell high dollar items similar to yours or did they sell a bunch of 79 cent baseball cards?

I saw a very nice Benelli shotgun on Texas Gun Trader. The gun was listed for $700, or so, and usually goes for $1200, or so. The seller had ZERO feedback. I walked away a tad sad but still had my $700.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    It's Ok. You responded to my ad. When I get your money order I'll start looking for a gun to send you but that may take me some time..Just sit tight.

Ask Joy Pruitt at Pruitt's Guns and Ammo for the worst Gunbroker story of all. A guy orders a gun from an out of state LEO sending him north of a thousand bucks. LEO uses said gun to kill his ex-wife, then uses it to commit suicide. All that explains whey the costly custom 1911 never showed up at Pruitt's and never will. As a final insult the LEO had sold it to a couple of other guys first. Of course it is now held by police and nobody is capable of figuring out who owns it.

I bet our Houston buyer will not leave a positive feedback.

CharlieBear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    You should be fine, as long as you stick with the "buy it now" format. GunBroker should be able to assist if you get stiffed.

Where you get screwed, is if you are contacted "off line" or "off sight" by the guy selling, when this happens the fraudster is bypassing gunbroker.com for a good reason.

GTXXD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Sugar Land
    Well I rolled the dice in November on a .308 and took a little while but did get what I paid for. I'm sure that it will work out.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I've bought several guns and other stuff off of GunBroker for years and never had a bad deal. I only buy from people with good feedback though...in fact I just sent a private seller a $970 USPS money order yesterday for another one. (Seecamp .380) ;)

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I've bought a few firearms, plus scopes, mags, & holsters without any problems. I only had one bad experience with seller that had no feedback (my mistake for no checking his feedback before bidding). If the seller has a lot of positive feedback, you should be ok. I've even gambled on sellers with very little feedback (7-9), but they were all positive and recent.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Gunbroker does give me piece of mind in that there policy is to give me back $400.00 if I do get burned. That way I will only be out $225.00 (better than losing it all). Of course the postal money order helps both parties because fraud involving these becomes a federal offence, or so I am told.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Truthfully, I have had pretty good luck on Gunbroker. There are two individuals who mass market hard to get magazines and both are in California. They give a guarantee. Right! I returned one that looked like it was made in a high school shop class and didn't come close to fitting my Beretta 70s. He sent an email saying I had to talk to him on the phone to get a return $. His phone # was busy for a solid month, night and day, 24 hours a day. It's a scam and his ads still run constantly to this day.

Guns I have purchased, overall, have been sometimes better than described.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Its always a crap shoot if you ask me, but overall..I have had some good experiences on Gunbroker.

Why I say its always acrapshoot is because the ONE bad experinece I had was with someone with tons of good feedback. So...tons of good feedback is still no guarantee, if you ask me.

But overall, yes, its worth the risk on Gunbroker as you do have some recourse and chances are high you will be happy with the transaction.

- brickboy240

PS: But...you won't see me risking thousands on a gun deal on Gunbroker. If I am going to blow thousands....I prefer to do so in person.

bwdilli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    I've bought a couple of guns off of gunbroker and everything went well till the last one. It's a Remington 121 that I bought off of a guy from Missouri. Feedback was good but after the auction closed the guy wanted payment sent to a pawn shop. Ended up he was representing himself as a kitchen table FFL but was a pawn shop. Gun also ended up having a broken firing pin and a ring in the barell's rifling. Guy wouldn't stand behind his discription at all and stuck me with the rifle. Gunbroker gave him my phone number as part of my contact info and after I left negative feedback started calling me threatening me in order to get me to change it. I wouldn't and contacted Gunbroker to do something about it.

They deleted his feedback left for me. But also changed my feedback left on him from negative to neutral basically giving the guy what he wanted. The wouldn't acknowledge that they had given him my phone number and wouldn't do anything about a seller that threatens buyers when he rips them off.

I'm off of doing business with online gun auctions because of this. I'd recommend buying from a reputable dealer or local. But that's my 2 cents.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'm off of doing business with online gun auctions because of this. I'd recommend buying from a reputable dealer or local. But that's my 2 cents.

I'm with BW on this. I'd rather do everything the old brick and mortar way when it comes to guns. The deals may not be as good, but the peace of mind is priceless.

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I found a great deal on a Hawg 9 on gunbroker.com so I used the "buy it now" option and sent a money order this morning. It's from a private seller who has good feedback, but not a bunch of it. I am feeling like I rolled the dice. Anybody?

You did roll the dice.

But that doesn't mean you will get burned by this person. I use "Buy It Now" a lot. I haven't been ripped off yet.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I just picked my Hawg 9. It's a great weapon in near new condition. I am very pleased with the weapon, the seller and the price I paid.

Top Bottom