• ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    CNN:

Authorities have identified a Facebook post believed to have been made by the shooter around the time of the attack, according to a law enforcement official familiar with the ongoing investigation.
    In it, the writer says: "I hope people call me insane... (laughing emojis).. wouldn't that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah.. I'm insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is 'hopes and prayers'.. or 'keep you in my thoughts'... every time... and wonder why these keep happening..."

Sounds to me, in my personal and utterly irrelevant opinion, like wanted to promote gun control?

While potentially informative, there’s a whole lot of missing content and context in that alleged FB post.

Then, someone had to leak it to the media. In the middle of an active investigation.

Just some things to consider.
    Texas SOT

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Yup. They're already blaming the NRA. Mental gymnastics: Cali voters agreed to have full cap mags outlawed (probably a rider on a measure to hand out more free money), NRA affiliated org sued, hence shooting this many people with an almost outlawed extended magazine (still don't know what that means, Cali Glock 21 holds 10 rounds, elsewhere 13; so was it a full cap mag or an extra long one like the 33rd 9mm mags?) must have been the NRA's fault, as if you couldn't shoot just as many people just as fast with a Walther PPS using nothing but six round mags.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/4...ity-magazine-that-voters-outlawed-but-ban-was

And if you value your sanity, do not click on the comments button there. Damn.

Lots of hate and threats against conservatives in those comments.

Yeah, I’m never going to disarm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Not really. CA has already has a CCW process and provides a process for counties and/or individuals to open carry.

While there may be artificial limitations placed on those processes and licenses, they still exist.
    It is true that it's possible to get a CCW in CA, however it's 100% within purview of the local Sheriff, and only a handful even allow the issuing of permits. I know only one person in CA that has been able to get one, because he lives outside the urban sewers.

I'll have to check to see if there is a similar to carry in bars in CA, I suspect there is.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It is true that it's possible to get a CCW in CA, however it's 100% within purview of the local Sheriff, and only a handful even allow the issuing of permits. I know only one person in CA that has been able to get one, because he lives outside the urban sewers.

I'll have to check to see if there is a similar to carry in bars in CA, I suspect there is.

My son’s FIL and MIL each were issued on their first request in 2016. They live in Stockton.

That’s my only data point.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I hear a lot of people arguing "if they were armed"

yes, that's true. I am a firm believer. However this was a bar. "can't" even be armed in Texas in a situation like that.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

As you go inland, it’s a lot less crazy in CA. It’s also a lot less populated and carries a lot less political clout.

7895fcbffaf28c2e74b2cffaf1d59f01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    As you go inland, it’s a lot less crazy in CA. It’s also a lot less populated and carries a lot less political clout.

View attachment 153627

no way dude. only guy in san diego I knew with a CCW was my FFL.

There's a dude on Calguns with one from Santa Clara County if you can believe that. He was the dude that worked at Reeds (before it was reeds) and got held up one night, and ended up shooting the guy twice.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas

View attachment 153627

Santa Barbara is a big college community, Ventura is a big military community (major Seabee hub) and farming community, and then you have LA.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    no way dude. only guy in san diego I knew with a CCW was my FFL.

There's a dude on Calguns with one from Santa Clara County if you can believe that. He was the dude that worked at Reeds (before it was reeds) and got held up one night, and ended up shooting the guy twice.

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    I had a few Seabee brothers with CHLs out there. The military may be the ones bringing it out of the red.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Adamant_Narwhal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2018
    Williamson County
    “All I could think about was how helpless I was,”

Get used to it, citizen ... it's what happens when your government effectively disarms you.
    What gets me is that they refuse to think that gin control doesn't work: how do they explain that all their laws and rules didn't stop this?

I used to believe that they weren't after confiscation, but now it's impossible to believe that, when they keep pushing for "reform" when they are essentially the gun control model. They refuse to compromise, refuse to listen to statistics, facts, heck, even those gathered by their favorite president (Obama).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom