Join TexasGunTalk

Gunman Opens Fire Killing 12 in California Nightclub

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Frank59, Nov 8, 2018.

1. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Damn, I'm sorry to hear that.
    For once I agree with him. Without a doubt. It is not fun.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Certainly, it's not fair that gun owners aren't as helpless as the masses of snowflakes in California.

3. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce Well-Known

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not really. CA has already has a CCW process and provides a process for counties and/or individuals to open carry.

While there may be artificial limitations placed on those processes and licenses, they still exist.

At the time of the Lubys shooting in Texas, no such thing existed for the average Texan. Even then, we still are restricted by 30.06, 30.07, and TABC.

In this particular incident, with current Texas laws the location would appear to be a 51% location, preventing someone from carrying, anyways.

Have I misunderstood your thought?

4. Darqhelmet

Darqhelmet You had one job, one.

Jul 5, 2018
    Dallas
    CA has CCW, it also doesn’t issue then without you suing or bribing the sheriff. Wait sorry, not bribing, donating to their campaign funds. It’s not “shall issues, it’s may issues” as in maybe I will maybe I won’t.

It is horrible what happened but also this one is on the state for not processing him. He was a 5150 for sure, but the jails are over crowded out there and the mental health facilities are even worse.

5. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    CNN:

Authorities have identified a Facebook post believed to have been made by the shooter around the time of the attack, according to a law enforcement official familiar with the ongoing investigation.
    In it, the writer says: "I hope people call me insane... (laughing emojis).. wouldn't that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah.. I'm insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is 'hopes and prayers'.. or 'keep you in my thoughts'... every time... and wonder why these keep happening..."

Sounds to me, in my personal and utterly irrelevant opinion, like wanted to promote gun control?

Southpaw likes this.
  6. Darqhelmet

Darqhelmet You had one job, one.

Jul 5, 2018
    Dallas
    Wow, it really does.

7. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    So.....kill more innocent, helpless people to get your point across.
    Sounds like a democrat.

from an idjit coffeeholic

deemus, Southpaw and Davetex like this.
  8. dunnrite

dunnrite Member TGT Supporter

Jun 3, 2012
    Kingsland
    I'm almost certain it WAS in this article, but did anyone read that one of the patrons was surprised that it only took him about 6 seconds to reload? It's gone now, but I believe it was the guy who said it was like he knew what he was doing, near the end of the article. Seems a marine, a machine gunner at that, could reload a glock a hell of a lot faster than that. Maybe in the heat of the moment it seemed that long. It's just odd that it's been removed.

9. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Six seconds? In six seconds I have field-stripped my pistol and re-assembled it.

Southpaw and Dad_Roman like this.
  10. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Damn.

Better scrub FB from the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk