• ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    From LF...

GunPal went live tonight and I've just signed up.

It's billed as the Pro-2A competitor to PayPal, no more "discrete" payments to hide the fact that you're buying something perfectly legal, but firearms related.

GunPal is owned by Ben Cannon, a long-time gun rights champion here in the PRK and is in fact the sole person responsible for us being able to own AR and AK style rifles in California.
    Military Camp

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hmm, interesting for sure. About time too, another has stepped up to the plate.

As with anything new and dealing with finances, I still want to know if it's reliable & secure.

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    If I read their terms correctly, you are limited to sending and receiving $500 (each) per calendar month?

So, I sell a rifle to Bob for $400.00, and a shotgun to Jeff for $200.00... Does this mean that I can only get $500 of the $600 through Gunpal? Do I have to make other arrangements with one or the other to complete the second transaction.

Then, I take the money I got from those sales and outfit myself for cowboy action shooting. I can only send the seller of the guns I found the first $500.00 (of what will probably be a much larger total) through the service?

Did I read that wrong? Those totals are listed as available after having a verified account and/or a credit card.

If I read it wrong, would someone please set me straight?
    If not, do the limits seem low to anyone else? These gun things get expensive quick.

Joat

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    That's what I was trying to figure out as well.

I *thought* it to mean that until being verified you had those limits but they'd be removed after verification. But then it said the same thing about after verification. So...yes, clarification is needed!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I just finished up getting my new GunPal account squared away. I reread the Terms again and I didn't see a reference to this concern like I saw the first time.

Can anyone else double check and verify please? Could be I missed it but I ran the 'Find' tool and didn't see it.

At any rate, I'm conducting all personal and leather business through a GunPal account. I'd like to cut all ties to Paypal if I can, but they are still active for those who have not switched over.

If I read their terms correctly, you are limited to sending and receiving $500 (each) per calendar month?

So, I sell a rifle to Bob for $400.00, and a shotgun to Jeff for $200.00... Does this mean that I can only get $500 of the $600 through Gunpal? Do I have to make other arrangements with one or the other to complete the second transaction.

Then, I take the money I got from those sales and outfit myself for cowboy action shooting. I can only send the seller of the guns I found the first $500.00 (of what will probably be a much larger total) through the service?

Did I read that wrong? Those totals are listed as available after having a verified account and/or a credit card.

If I read it wrong, would someone please set me straight?
    If not, do the limits seem low to anyone else? These gun things get expensive quick.

Joat

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I've been TRYING to set up my GP account - but for some reason, the bank routing numbers don't seem to be working for 'em. I've emailed CS several times, still no luck. Frankly, if it doesn't straighten out THIS time around, I'm done with it. No way to contact anyone by phone, and emails are usually 1-2 day turn-arounds, even if you reply immediately to theirs.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    TR, hopefully it clears up. I'm waiting on the bank account confirm I initiated today. I'll let you know how it goes.

There is a forum on the GP site. Have you tried posting there to see if you can get a reply? There is not a whole lot of public traffic in there but it is moderated so you may get a timely reply. Worth a shot.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah - good luck. You're where I was - and still haven't gotten it to show the small deposits in my account (same way that PP does, btw) to confirm the account. Be interesting to see if yours goes through. I'm with a Credit Union, and suspect that may be part of the problem - had problems w/it when I signed on w/PP years back. They're still sending me "come back!" emails - but I want nothing to do with 'em.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    <sigh> After MONTHS of trying, finally got the glitches worked out (apparently, if your bank name is too long, it screws up the system - yet there is NOTHING to tell you that), I finally got over that hurdle. Now, trying to confirm the account.....even though the deposit was made yesterday, the system refuses to allow me to confirm because I "couldn't possibly have received a bank statement yet" (or words to that effect). HELLO - THIS IS THE AGE OF ONLINE BANKING!!!!!

And I'm having THIS kinda hassle with an ONLINE bill-pay service?!?!?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    <sigh> After MONTHS of trying, finally got the glitches worked out (apparently, if your bank name is too long, it screws up the system - yet there is NOTHING to tell you that), I finally got over that hurdle. Now, trying to confirm the account.....even though the deposit was made yesterday, the system refuses to allow me to confirm because I "couldn't possibly have received a bank statement yet" (or words to that effect). HELLO - THIS IS THE AGE OF ONLINE BANKING!!!!!

And I'm having THIS kinda hassle with an ONLINE bill-pay service?!?!?

lol that's not good. But is it on GunPal's end? I confirmed my account while the deposits were still pending on my account.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    lol that's not good. But is it on GunPal's end? I confirmed my account while the deposits were still pending on my account.

Yes, it is....I tried to "work" with them to see if it was something I was doing wrong, and they'd come back and ask if I'd tried things that we'd already tried the week before. Frankly, it simply became more trouble than it was worth.

Top Bottom