• ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Renny,

You paid for your car, and its use (on public roads) is heavily regulated. No one pays for your car. It is a privilege.

You paid for your doctor's time in some way (unless you are a welfare queen, which I doubt). Seeing your doctor...unless Obama is involved...is a privilege.

Having a gun is a right. So is free speech. Unless you had to take a test before playing keyboard kommando and issuing amusing attempts at threats ;)

Alex

Not sure what your point is.

You seem to be suggesting since I paid for my car & dr, that makes it a privilege.

Well I pay for my guns and free speech too. women pay for their abortions yada yada yada.

Paying for it or not paying for it has no role in determining if it is a right or not.

Having a car in your garage is as much a right as having a gun in your house. No court anywhere in the US, has ever ruled an american can not do this. No court has ever ruled american can not visit their dr. These are clearly indisputable rights that haver never been challenged.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Why do you think the 2nd Amendment is 2nd and not 10th? It is the teeth to the Bill of Rights. Pulll out the teeth and the rest is just a paper tiger.

I know why.

Because of the 12 proposed amendments, The first one is still yet to be ratified, the Second was not ratified until 1992 and became the 27th. Thus, the Third proposed amendment became the First, the Fourth became the Second, and so on. There is no evidence the order relevant.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    They are owned by InterMedia Outdoors

Sister publications of Guns and Ammo include:
    Shooting Times, Shotgun News, Handguns, RifleShooter, Bow Hunter, Petersen's Bowhunting, Game and Fish, Gun Dog, Hunting, Whitetail, Wildfowl, Fly Fisherman, In Fisherman, etc.

However, it looks like they did the right thing. Lets just see if he weazles himself back into the spotlight like Zumbo did.

Thank you. I'm sure they have all taken heavy note of this incident. I wonder if Jeff Knox will write about this?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not sure what your point is.

You seem to be suggesting since I paid for my car & dr, that makes it a privilege.

Well I pay for my guns and free speech too. women pay for their abortions yada yada yada.

Paying for it or not paying for it has no role in determining if it is a right or not.

Having a car in your garage is as much a right as having a gun in your house. No court anywhere in the US, has ever ruled an american can not do this. No court has ever ruled american can not visit their dr. These are clearly indisputable rights that haver never been challenged.

Health care is a right as far as you are able to provide it for yourself. No one has a "right" to see a doctor. If the doctor doesn't want to see them their rights are not being infringed.

Same with guns. The LGS does not have to sell me one but I do have a right to own one. I can have one so long as I can build it or come up with the money to purchase one from a willing seller.

Driving a car on public roads is not a right but I don't believe the government has the authority to restrict ownership or operation on private property (doesn't me an they won't).

Too often people confuse what it means to have a "right". It does not mean something must be provided to you except in a few cases.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Health care is a right as far as you are able to provide it for yourself. No one has a "right" to see a doctor. If the doctor doesn't want to see them their rights are not being infringed.

Same with guns. The LGS does not have to sell me one but I do have a right to own one. I can have one so long as I can build it or come up with the money to purchase one from a willing seller.

Driving a car on public roads is not a right but I don't believe the government has the authority to restrict ownership or operation on private property (doesn't me an they won't).

Too often people confuse what it means to have a "right". It does not mean something must be provided to you except in a few cases.

Exactly.

Kyle Busch lost his DL when he got busted for doing 128 a few years back. But he still could drive on private roads, such as NASCAR track.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    by Shooter McGavin
    There are states that require no course, no test, no instruction, no nothing? Any legal resident can just carry a firearm around? Simply out of curiosity which states are they?

This mentality was out in force when Gov Brewer first changed AZ over to CC.. Interesting fact one year post signing the law into effect is the sky didn't fall.. there has yet to be a major negative with lack of training and the evening news seems to be full of stories about the display of a firearm keeping crime from happening..

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Let's see, the guy is a gun writer in what is probably the most popular gun rag for many years. He teaches classes about Constitutional law. He's read the responses to his idiotic claims which completely debunk them. Hell, he's probably aware what happened to Zumbo and Recoil. And yet... and yet...

Time to drop this asshole into the rubbish bin of history. Any time spent trying to set him straight will be wasted, and with his hard-headed refusal to admit he is dead wrong to want to pointlessly regulate our rights, hopefully he has eliminated any chance he had at forgiveness by the industry. That's failing to learn from Zumbo twice (Zumbo at least apologized and admitted he was wrong).

"There's no fool like an old fool."

"The only thing you get from educating a fool is a fool educated."

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    His questions are stupid:

1. If you believe the 2nd Amendment should be subject to no regulation at all, do you therefore believe all laws prohibiting convicted violent repeat criminals from having guns are unconstitutional? Should all such laws be repealed?

Yes, they should, but not purely from a 2A standpoint. I fully believe that restrictions on a person's rights outside of their sentence violate the 8th Amendment. As such, all those laws should in fact be repealed.

Now, if a court takes an individual circumstance into account and lays down a lifetime ban as part of sentencing, that's a different story.

2. Do you also believe all laws establishing concealed-carry licenses are unconstitutional?

Yes. Of course they are. We don't put up with things like requiring people to pay a tax or pass a reading test to vote, but somehow the same exact kind of requirement to carry (or sometimes even own!) a gun is just hunky dory? Way to defend racist Jim Crow laws, Metcalf. Moron.

3. Do you have a concealed-carry license anyway?

I'm forced to do a lot of things the government isn't actually allowed to force me to do.

4. Are you thereby violating the Constitution yourself?

The Constitution is laws for the government, not for people. Idiot.

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    "1. If you believe the 2nd Amendment should be subject to no regulation at all, do you therefore believe all laws prohibiting convicted violent repeat criminals from having guns are unconstitutional? Should all such laws be repealed?"

My question would be .............. why are they still on the street? If that group was locked up, there is no issue on that question.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If you believe the 2nd Amendment should be subject to no regulation at all, do you therefore believe all laws prohibiting convicted violent repeat criminals from having guns are unconstitutional?

The guys fucking TEACHES THE CONSTITUTION and doesn't know what it says about due process? It's very simple:

1.) You are accused of a crime. If the police have PC, proceed to step 2.
    2.) You go to court. If found guilty, proceed to step 3.
    3.) You lose your rights Constitutionally, sometimes all of them, sometimes forever.

Good god I get sick of explaining this to people; but if Professor Lovepump can **** it up I guess I'd better get used to it.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom