• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAND_MAN1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Fort Worth
    This never really came up when my wife and I started dating, I didn't have a gun at the time and although I was pro-gun, she wasn't. It gradually started coming up when we first got married and she was when we have kids we get rid of them and I was :( and she was all I don't want the kids getting them. I told her my dad had 3 guns when I was a kid and we knew better then to look for them or even handle them if he wasn't home.

Not to bring religion into it but she came from a strict baptist upbringing where I grew up catholic. She knew that I knew how to handle a gun since I spent 6+ years in the military. What finally warmed her up to it was the friends we routinely hang out with, I didn't know they had several guns each and that their wives had shot them, so when she found out they knew how to handle them she became intrigued by it. They invited us to a range in January and it was her first experience shooting.

She was one of those people that feared guns because she knew nothing about them. Basically one of them people that are afraid to even TOUCH a gun. We've since gone to the range several times and I finally bought my handgun. Now she supports it and wants to get one as well and eventually we plan on both getting CHLs. She knows there'll be several more guns in the house before long.
    Lynx Defense

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    If the military wanted you to have a GF/wife you would have got one after basic! But if you insist I would do what I did to my fiance and take her to the range or in my case my friends house and hand her a gun tell her the safety rules and the basics and let her shoot. My fiance has now laid claim to .50 muzzle loader saying "this is not your boom stick anymore" and I'm okay with that, as long as she realises that it was purchased to extend my deer season. And she told last night or the night before last that she wished she would have been turned on to shooting along time ago. The smoke pole made her cry at the range one day and she will still shoot it now.My 30-06 is a little to much for her to handle but I'm working on that! ;) And she can shoot the .40 pretty good till her arm gets tired.

longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    SAND MAN1
    Our household is Conservative Baptist & we have a several each. Mom, Wife, have their own carry guns. Mom hunts. 25-06.
    She jsut needs retraining a little bit.:patriot:

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    yup

If the military wanted you to have a GF/wife you would have got one after basic!

All to true. A chick i was dating at age 18 left cause she she didnt approve of me enlisting mainly cause of her view of the war. My unit deploys in Sept 09 so yeah it kinda is pointless to date. But i suppose these days it doesnt matter when i dated her or married her....deployment = "dear john" or worse

I've heard a lot of great advice from yall. I appreciate it. She found out I have an AR and it turns out she completed ROTC in highschool. Shes quite familiar with a 22lr. But yeah.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    All to true. A chick i was dating at age 18 left cause she she didnt approve of me enlisting mainly cause of her view of the war. My unit deploys in Sept 09 so yeah it kinda is pointless to date. But i suppose these days it doesnt matter when i dated her or married her....deployment = "dear john" or worse

I've heard a lot of great advice from yall. I appreciate it. She found out I have an AR and it turns out she completed ROTC in highschool. Shes quite familiar with a 22lr. But yeah.
    Lucky bastard! No that's cool man, at least it wasn't as big a problem as you anticipated. And If she seems like a "keeper" then she will do pretty good with you're deployment. Just don't do what one of my friends (not the one that is leaving this week) did, and ditch her just cause you are leaving. He threw her away and she was still true to him and chewed his ass when he got back, so you never know. So what branch are you in?

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    my gf is a big time hunter gun owner etc. Most of the time Ill be missing 100 rounds of ammo that i reload from time to time... oh well. She also wont let me drive her truck.

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    My g/f was very iffy when we started to date when I brought up to her me ownings guns, I think 2 at the time. She had lamented to me a couple of stories where she was a friends house and someone pulled out a gun and started playing with it like a toy. Gun as far as she new was loaded. She left soon afterwards. After that she was against guns.

Well, I pulled out mine and showed her how they worked and came apart, how to check if they were loaded and that no matter what a gun is always loaded. I even had her talk to my sisters and they told her how when we had gone to the gun ranges that I was a very different person. Responsible, safe, cautious. That made my girlfriend more open minded. So we went to the gun range and her opinion has changed very much.

Now she wants my 1911 or one for herself.
    She now owns an 870 20ga w/ 18" barrel and mag extension
    Shoots one ragged hole with my Marlin .44mag at 50yds
    Wants the baby Kimber for concealed carry
    Cant wait to shoot my .357mag

Take your time with any girl you date when it comes to guns if she is hesitant or is against guns. If she is open minded then her mind can change.

Just remember you need to be extra everything. Extra safe, cautions, and responsible.

Oh and buy a .22 pistol. Girls can shoot that better than a .45 at first. My sister almost hit herself in the head with my .45

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    I make a joke out of it with mine.
    She teases me about my collection and I tease her about her collection of shoes.

Then she says that mine cost more and I say but mine will last forever and feed you.

I usually get a "your right dear" and we go on from there

I do have a deal with her.
    she gets 3 pairs of shoes and a purse for every firearm I buy

I need a new storage shed for the shoes :)

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I make a joke out of it with mine.
    She teases me about my collection and I tease her about her collection of shoes.

Then she says that mine cost more and I say but mine will last forever and feed you.

I usually get a "your right dear" and we go on from there

I do have a deal with her.
    she gets 3 pairs of shoes and a purse for every firearm I buy

I need a new storage shed for the shoes :)

Dear god for a deal like that hopefully you are getting some amazing pieces.

Top Bottom