• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • imntxs564

M1 Carbine Collector & ALL Surplus Made For It !!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Corpus Christi
    I don't know how many of y'all buy from TexasGunTrader.com but I've bought at least 3 from that sight. The way it's setup now there Selling all types of Rifles, Carbines and Pistols. My last Purchase from them and I guess I was lucky but around 4 a.m I woke up and this guy had just posted a late 70's model Browning Hi-Power for 400.00 and I called him and told him I would meet him
    halfway from San Antonio. I shot that pistol a couple of times and put it in the Safe. It came with Original Box and Manual.
    Guns International

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    TxGunTrader is chock full of scammers.
    Sure, there are legit deals but be careful.
    If OP got a Browning HP for $400 he scored a unicorn deal. Every one I see on there is $800+
    If the seller doesn’t post a location or price that’s a good indication the ad is bogus.
    Tread carefully.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I don't remember why but I had problems trying to become a TGTrader member and I didn't feel it was worth the trouble trying to sort it out.
    So I use GunBroker exclusively for online gun sell/buy and I've had very few disappointments.
    I've yet to try buy/sell/trade here, but I expect I will.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I hate to say it but at this time that is a deal that might be to good to be true.

You might want to check if its stolen. Although that would involve the police taking it in if it is in fact stolen.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Did you get a bill of sale?

C31ED7A7-011E-4E5E-A4E8-31139368C963.jpeg

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    If OP got a Browning HP for $400 he scored a unicorn deal. Every one I see on there is $800+
    If the seller doesn’t post a location or price that’s a good indication the ad is bogus.
    Tread carefully.

Not only is TGTrader full of scammers it is also full of idiots that feel it is necessary to post 'ads' telling everyone about those scammers.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    If a website has any kind of sales, you can bet that there are scammers trying to steal from people hanging out there. Why? As John Dillinger once replied to a reporter's question about why he robbed banks, "Because that's where the money is."

I had a pickup truck for sale this summer. I think there were 10 scammers for every legitimate inquiry I got. Fortunately I have seen other people victimized, so I knew from their experiences what to look for. A big one - straight out of Bin Laden's handbook for terrorists to get funding - is "I'll send you a check for more than the purchase price and someone will come to pick up the item for me. You pay them and whatever is left over you can keep for your trouble." They send a check on a weird bank that takes a week to clear. It looks like it deposited in your account. Someone shows up to get the truck and you pay them. Then the bank calls and says the check is bogus. You've lost the truck and the money you paid the haulers. There are all sorts of variations on this, using the post office for example.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I have done very well with buying on TGT and of course there are scammers. People who have been registered for years, live locally, have a decent price, provide a valid phone number, unlikely to scam.
    I never go for a buy though if I am alone. My wife is always with me, armed to the hilt.

imntxs564

M1 Carbine Collector & ALL Surplus Made For It !!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Corpus Christi
    What are you trying to say???? Going to sell it???

Everything has a Price...I been buying M1 Carbines for years and I know there's people who would like very much to buy this Pistol. I just made a offer on a Really Nice M1 Carbine on that site and if I get Lucky ans It's still there I already have someone here wanting buy my Saiga AK that I bought just because so it's going to make everything so much
    Tread carefully.

The guy just needed Money and when I got back and went to Modern Pawn & Guns to have it checked out and there were no issues when I had it Transfered to my name. I've had other great deals since I started collecting many years ago just like other guys here have gotten. I know there's people here who have probably been Collecting longer than I have gotten great deals. I still have Firearms that I have bought in the early 80's when I started collecting with my Father. Where ever there are Firearms being sold whether it's on a Website or Private Sellers at a Gunshow it's always going to be buyer beware.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    2 of the 4 pistols I have bought came from TGT. There was a third purchase I made on TGT and I had problems with the gun and the seller actually gave me my money back. I've had nothing but good luck with TGT thus far.

Top Bottom