Guns Made in Texas

TexasT

May 20, 2009
NE Texas
Texas is following suit with Montana and Utah on the states rights bill to make any gun made in that state and labled as such is exempt from Federal Regs....Do these states already have gun makers in their states or are they hoping to attract makers or start up new makers of guns..."Joe the Gunsmith"?

TexasT

May 20, 2009
NE Texas
There are reciprocating laws in the USA such as my Texas DL is accepted by all other states, as do some states with CHL's. if the gun is stamped 'Made in Texas" can it be taken into Montana under the same regs? Do we need one gun to carry under federal regs in other states that accept our CHL and another made in Texas for Texas CHL free from federal regs.

I realize Most people dont see things as analytical as I do thats just my nature, I really am for this legislation, but the people in charge of making laws cant always see past their noses...leaving loopholes.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
Mar 17, 2008
Dallas Texas or so
There are reciprocating laws in the USA such as my Texas DL is accepted by all other states, as do some states with CHL's. if the gun is stamped 'Made in Texas" can it be taken into Montana under the same regs? Do we need one gun to carry under federal regs in other states that accept our CHL and another made in Texas for Texas CHL free from federal regs.

I realize Most people dont see things as analytical as I do thats just my nature, I really am for this legislation, but the people in charge of making laws cant always see past their noses...leaving loopholes.

Just my opinion, but one reason the feds can pass gun laws is because of interstate commerce. That is something the Constitution does give them some control over. Things made and sold intrastate should not fall under fed regs. So yes you would be able to take you STI or whatever to Montana. Slaves were taken north by their owners and back regardless of the local laws because they were personal property. Up to the War of Northern Aggression any way.

I think states should enforce the 10th Amendment more often and on more things.

The rub might be, can a gun maker survive in just selling intrastate?

TexasT

May 20, 2009
NE Texas
Just my opinion, but one reason the feds can pass gun laws is because of interstate commerce. That is something the Constitution does give them some control over. Things made and sold intrastate should not fall under fed regs. So yes you would be able to take you STI or whatever to Montana. Slaves were taken north by their owners and back regardless of the local laws because they were personal property. Up to the War of Northern Aggression any way.

I think states should enforce the 10th Amendment more often and on more things.

The rub might be, can a gun maker survive in just selling intrastate?
Anyone making quality guns even just intrastate may not make as much as others selling interstate but just think if every Texan Bought just one
thats a lot of guns and without federal overhead expenses.

res1b3uq

Feb 14, 2009
Nobody said they had to sell in Texas, only. The ones sold in Texas would be exempt, the ones sold out of state would not be.

TexasT

May 20, 2009
NE Texas
Nobody said they had to sell in Texas, only. The ones sold in Texas would be exempt, the ones sold out of state would not be.
Kind of like separating the wheat from the tares... a logistical nightmare. better to keep entities separate in mfg.ing possibly....however though they would be labled "Made in Texas". to be sold outside the state it would have to meet fed. regs. or be construed as a prohibited weapon out of Texas. i.e. if federal govt says 10 round capacity limit and double action only texas says 15 rounds and anything goes.
Im not debunking your comment you do have a valid point... just thinking outside of the box so to speak.

frijolero817

May 17, 2009
Fort Worth
This would be good if it passed, then I could justify to my wife why I need to spend a couple thousand on a LaRue rifle. You know, to support Texas' gun manufacturers.

TexasT

May 20, 2009
NE Texas
So when is STI going to start Stamping guns "Made in Texas"? Now would be a good time reguardless.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member