• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    So when is STI going to start Stamping guns "Made in Texas"? Now would be a good time reguardless.

My Trojan is already roll marked Georgetown Texas. None of my guns say Made in. Though they do have the country of origin somewhere in the roll mark. I.E. Belguim on my Browning Capitan.
    ARJ Defense ad

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    I know that with manufacturing if you can prove that over half or 2/3 the cost is incurred within the area that you are trying to say 'manufactured in' then it can be stamped or stated it is made in that region, ie made in usa or texas. so more times than not you prolly will have many parts processed elsewhere and just have the normal overhead of assembly and possibly making the barrel within texas and that alone would give it the ability to do so while having the lower just imported from outta state.

TexasT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    NE Texas
    I believe the guns are Probably going to have to say "Made in Texas". My guess would be the lower portion of the gun.(lower receiver or main frame)

Fisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    I would like to have more made in Texas options. Maybe this will ecourage more firearms companies to set up business here.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Just my opinion, but one reason the feds can pass gun laws is because of interstate commerce. That is something the Constitution does give them some control over.

This is not true. When you check on the use of words at the time of the framers, regulate was used almost strictly to mean, to make regular or even. This clause was to ensure that states would not refuse to sell goods to some states while agreeing to sell to others. Therefore, the feds DO NOT have the power to "regulate (as we know it today) or interfere" with interstate commerce. At least not according to the framers. FACT

All federal laws pertaining to the ownership and use and transport of arms of any type are NOT Constitutional according to 2A. IMHO

TexasT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    NE Texas
    This is not true. When you check on the use of words at the time of the framers, regulate was used almost strictly to mean, to make regular or even. This clause was to ensure that states would not refuse to sell goods to some states while agreeing to sell to others. Therefore, the feds DO NOT have the power to "regulate (as we know it today) or interfere" with interstate commerce. At least not according to the framers. FACT

All federal laws pertaining to the ownership and use and transport of arms of any type are NOT Constitutional according to 2A. IMHO

Laissez Faire?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laissez-faire

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    In the end it does not matter. Like I've said on the other threads, of the same topic, you will not get around the Federal regulations. This will be no different than the medical marijuana laws in California.

Besides, the Texas laws are almost exactly the same as federal laws. The only difference is that a 2-round burst could be installed onto any firearm since Texas defines a machine gun as a gun that fires more than two rounds per single action of the trigger.

There is no NFA process in the state of Texas. So you'd still be at the mercy of federal law in regards to registering machine guns, SBRs, etc.

If they make a federal law banning ARs and AKs, guess what, the ATF can come down here and arrest you all day. The DEA seizes medical marijuana all the time in California. The states are nothing compared to the fed.

Constitutional or not, that's how it is at the moment, and barring some miraculous deeds in Congress, we aren't going to change a damn thing with the "Made in Texas" law. All it's meant to do is make it harder on the ATF by voiding local law enforcement as a means of civil disobedience by the state.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    It'd be nice if someone in Texas began making POF style lower receivers for us poor lefties. I'd be happy to be a test subject for this.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have to agree with Texas1911. The feds are already working against the 'Made in Montana' law and any other state that passes a similar act.

Besides that, this Administration (and Congress) treat the Constitution like it was a roll of Charmin. What makes you believe they will let it stop them from going after your state's firearms?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't understand. What would this bypass on a federal level? Background checks?
    I think its suppsoed to be an immunization against another federal "assault weapon ban", and the like. If these laws hold water, the federal bans would only prohibit interstate trade. Forgive me if this is a bit melodramatic, but I think this is the start of civil war 2.0... This one will be fought in a courtroom and not the battlefield, however.

aaronspuler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Round Rock, TX
    I live in Round Rock, and while LaRue is just down the road in Leander, their prices are WAY out of my price range. Anyone have any idea why LaRue is so expensive? Other than 'because we can'?

Top Bottom