• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I drove by Guns of Texas on Huffmeister this morning and the railings were bent in and the store front was boarded up with the security patrol car parked across the front parking spaces. Was this store robbed? I searched and couldn't find any reports.
    DK Firearms

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    From your description it sure sounds like it.

Could be the same people who ram through the windows/doors with a truck then grab all they can.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Not tough to imagine that's what happened in this area. Yesterday I worked from home, expecting to have some work done on my house. The contractor called early in the morning letting me know he couldn't make it as his vehicle had been robbed of its wheels. He lives pretty close to there. I work right around the corner as well, and we've had a vehicle break in here that resulted in a lost firearm.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Not tough to imagine that's what happened in this area. Yesterday I worked from home, expecting to have some work done on my house. The contractor called early in the morning letting me know he couldn't make it as his vehicle had been robbed of its wheels. He lives pretty close to there. I work right around the corner as well, and we've had a vehicle break in here that resulted in a lost firearm.

That bad? I lived on Oak Acres (subdivision right there) in the late nineties - has it gone downhill that quickly?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    That bad? I lived on Oak Acres (subdivision right there) in the late nineties - has it gone downhill that quickly?
    I don't think it's the area itself, although there's pockets in the older sections that are looking a little sketchy. I think it's more opportunity (people parking in the driveways vs. the garage), and proximity to 290 making for easy get-aways. Plenty of traffic to blend into.

Top Bottom