Join TexasGunTalk

Guns over Texas discusses the new rules

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by SC-Texas, Sep 15, 2013.

1. SC-Texas

SC-Texas TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Heading over to 700 KSEV to join the guys on Guns Over Texas Radio to talk about the new proposed rules regarding trusts. Call in if you have questions. We go on aIR at 5pm. The Official Guns Over Texas Radio Blog | Guns, bullets, and just about anything that goes BANG! Airing on KSEV, 700 AM, every Sunday, 5pm to 7pmThe Official Guns Over Texas Radio Blog | Guns, bullets, and just about anything that goes BANG! Airing o — with Shiloh Shooting.

2. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jul 1, 2011
    I was the caller asking about incorporating NFA language into an existing family trust, I appreciate the info Sean.

Good show.

3. SC-Texas

SC-Texas TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Thank you sir. I just didn't want to give out bad info or say something silly

4. Mongo

Mongo Active Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    Just listened to it. Was laughing my ass off since you get Sean talking about, well anything, its hard not for him to give an opinion.

5. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    i like silly

6. Mongo

Mongo Active Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    Sean,

I raised this question on another NFA board and I have yet seen a lawyer look at it. Perhaps you can comment on it. It seems to me that ATF will be effectively making state law because of the CLEO requirement fore Corps and trust.

Lets say a corp wants to add a responsible person to the corp. The person in question has no issues with past problems from owning any firearms items but the local CLEO will not sign for him/her. So what is the ATF to say, "no you can not add that person to your corp"? Would this now be interfering with corp law on the state level? Most corps have all officers capable of handling any asset of the corp. So this corp might be a trucking company or something else and the ATF is going to say that they can not hire any new corp officers due to a corp asset? Seems to me to be writing corp law from an federal agency that has no power over corps or making laws concerning them.

7. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    My guess is they will say hire anyone you want. But you will have to divest your NFA first. Don't like it? OK, we will arrest for unlicensed possession. Good luck in court.