Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I was the caller asking about incorporating NFA language into an existing family trust, I appreciate the info Sean.

Good show.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    Just listened to it. Was laughing my ass off since you get Sean talking about, well anything, its hard not for him to give an opinion.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    Sean,

I raised this question on another NFA board and I have yet seen a lawyer look at it. Perhaps you can comment on it. It seems to me that ATF will be effectively making state law because of the CLEO requirement fore Corps and trust.

Lets say a corp wants to add a responsible person to the corp. The person in question has no issues with past problems from owning any firearms items but the local CLEO will not sign for him/her. So what is the ATF to say, "no you can not add that person to your corp"? Would this now be interfering with corp law on the state level? Most corps have all officers capable of handling any asset of the corp. So this corp might be a trucking company or something else and the ATF is going to say that they can not hire any new corp officers due to a corp asset? Seems to me to be writing corp law from an federal agency that has no power over corps or making laws concerning them.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Sean,
    Lets say a corp wants to add a responsible person to the corp. The person in question has no issues with past problems from owning any firearms items but the local CLEO will not sign for him/her. So what is the ATF to say, "no you can not add that person to your corp"? Would this now be interfering with corp law on the state level? Most corps have all officers capable of handling any asset of the corp. So this corp might be a trucking company or something else and the ATF is going to say that they can not hire any new corp officers due to a corp asset? Seems to me to be writing corp law from an federal agency that has no power over corps or making laws concerning them.

My guess is they will say hire anyone you want. But you will have to divest your NFA first. Don't like it? OK, we will arrest for unlicensed possession. Good luck in court.

Top Bottom