• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vehemence

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Cypress
    Hey, guys. Love your radio show and listen as often as possible.

Question - I saw a new store off the beltway between I-45 & 290W last week called Guns Over Texas. Logo was two arms flexing. Is that your store? I shoot at Shiloh a couple of times a month, but never heard anyone mention this store there, nor have I heard you mention it on the radio.
    Target Sports

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    lol. Houston has Loop 610, then Beltway 8 (some sections are the Sam Houston Tollway) and still under construction the Grand Parkway. GP is so big the southern end may terminate in the Gulf :p

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    Ok, I've heard the term before. So similar to loop 360 and whatnot. Ok thanks.

Where I'm from we have County Rds, Dirt Rds, Backroads, and State Highways. No Beltways.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Do you have your radio program title copyrighted?

If so...you all have been around longer than the store.

...anyone else smell copyright infringement?

-brickboy240

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Not to hijack this thread, but.... What the Hell. Is a Beltway?? Is that like the Loop 1 in Austin, that isn't a loop? Freeway? Interstate?.

No it is actually a loop, a complete circle. Like others have said, 610 is the inner loop. Beltway 8 is also known as the Sam Houston Toll Road is the middle loop, and it's complete. You can drive around it all day without stopping, a true loop unlike that thing in Austin. The Grand Parkway is going to be the third and outermost loop, it's still under construction with some sections complete. (That is where that video of the Corvette is from, the Grand Parkway.)

houston_1971_merged.jpg

Old map, but you should get the gist of what the situation is.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Grrr.

A section of that brown dotted line (the Grand Parkway, under construction) is about 200 yards straight out my front door. I can already see light posts sticking way above the pine trees. When it's complete, I'll be able to stand on my front porch and watch traffic drive by on an elevated portion of the road.

My property values are going up because Exxon is building their HQ very close to me. My property enjoyment is going to go in the tank as soon as the road is filled with traffic.

I just know the day is coming when I'll be awakened by screaming rice-burners and coffee-can mufflers making wee-hours speed runs. I am NOT looking forward to it.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Grrr.

A section of that brown dotted line (the Grand Parkway, under construction) is about 200 yards straight out my front door. I can already see light posts sticking way above the pine trees. When it's complete, I'll be able to stand on my front porch and watch traffic drive by on an elevated portion of the road.

My property values are going up because Exxon is building their HQ very close to me. My property enjoyment is going to go in the tank as soon as the road is filled with traffic.

I just know the day is coming when I'll be awakened by screaming rice-burners and coffee-can mufflers making wee-hours speed runs. I am NOT looking forward to it.
    Take the money and run! Homes there are selling at way over valuation.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Weirdly, I can't vouch for that. Only one home in my subdivision has sold in the last year. Everyone is holding on, waiting for a price rise. I suppose it'll happen, though. New houses the same size as mine on smaller lots with no trees are being sold for 5 times the valuation of my house...and they're literally within range of a slingshot from my back yard.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Things have changed. I think one house went on the market in my neighborhood in the last year. However, that's changed. One house came up about 10 days ago; it sold for $25K over valuation in 2 days. Then a house on my block was listed for $75K over valuation...and sold in 2 days. 2 more houses are in the process of going on the market. People are beginning to figure out if houses priced at 150%-175% of county valuation are selling in a weekend, then maybe there are some profits to be taken.

So far the "Exxon is moving in a mile away; everybody sell your house!" disease hasn't hit my neighborhood. It's just going to take one person to put their house on the market for 3X the county valuation and get it, though. When that happens, I think half my neighborhood will put out the "For Sale" signs.

I'm thinking more and more about your advice to "take the money and run". It's sounding better every day.

Top Bottom