• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jones creek kid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    El Campo
    I am heading up to Dallas this weekend and wanted to know if there are any other gun shows on Sunday besides Big Town in Mesquite . Is the Mesquite one called Classic gun show because its all antiques?? :confused:

I will have most of Sunday to run around so if anyone can point me to a good gun shop to so i can browse please let me know.

looking for fun stuff to do their while my wife will be in a conference so any other suggestions would be great even non gun related.

Thanks
    Capitol Armory ad

David

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Big Town is a terrible show.

It reminds me of a huge terrible flea market.

If you like beef jerkey, snake skins, action figures, jewelery swords, nascar, etc. You may like it.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    You'll pass a Gander Mountain on the way up (in Corsicana) if you drive. We have 2 Bass Pro's. Bullet Trap in Plano is decent, and they have an indoor range. Bachmann is very popular. There are a bunch of gun ranges.

BluHog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Ellis County
    Dallas' DACA Market Hall Gun Show

I'm pretty new to all this, but this weekend (as in tomorrow and the next day, SAT/SUN, 03/04 JAN 2009) the Dallas Arms Collectors Association, Inc., has a gun show in Market Hall in Dallas. A good friend of mine has been to many of their shows and tells me it's a nice show, much better than the shows in Fort Worth (for whatever that's worth).

Directions, times and all that good stuff are available using the above link.

onecoolpilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    I'm pretty new to all this, but this weekend (as in tomorrow and the next day, SAT/SUN, 03/04 JAN 2009) the Dallas Arms Collectors Association, Inc., has a gun show in Market Hall in Dallas. A good friend of mine has been to many of their shows and tells me it's a nice show, much better than the shows in Fort Worth (for whatever that's worth).

Having been to both, I would have to agree. A word of caution though...

The last show at Market Hall was A to B (a$$hole to belly button), that place was packed. That was right after the election, so it may have calmed down a bit, but I would think not.

BluHog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Ellis County
    OCP,

Man, you were right on the money - it was busy. We got there about an hour after opening on SAT morning and the line snaked all the way back to the road between the "regular" parking lot and the multi-level covered spots! My friend said he'd been coming to this show for about forty years and had never seen it that crowded - said he'd never had to wait in line like that.

However, I must say the line moved very quickly. As you got close to the entrance, the DPD directed those with weapons to one line to have them cleared and everyone else went into another. Once in the doors, there was a guy directing each party to the next "spot" in line to pay (I believe there were three or four people taking the money). Again, I was impressed as how quickly we came from way out there to inside Market Hall - about thirty minutes - and I can't stand to wait in lines. And the crowd inside moved fairly well - only a couple times was I "stuck" in a crowd or unable to get to something I wanted to see. It was more crowded than the Fort Worth show, but considering what I saw outside, it wasn't so bad.

I overheard some opinions as to why so many people were now attending but I won't get into those, here. I saw a LOT of handguns and all the assorted extra goodies. There were collector pieces, too; rifles; military stuff; memorabilia. The "artsy-craftsy" kind of stuff was relegated to the rear right by the chow offerings, for the most part.

As for me, I was about to go home empty handed when my friend spotted what he thought was a pretty good deal - and I rely heavily on his opinion given his many years of experience. I came home with a SW Sigma pistol in .40 cal (SW40VE). Got it with the case, paperwork, lock, and four SW mags (14RD) for $350. Allegedly, the previous owner only put one clip through it. It looked pretty clean to my eyes.

So, I'm happy. I think I got a good deal. Mrs. BluHog says she also enjoyed the show in Dallas. I think she's thinking a Walther PPK would be nice, but she didn't make a buy, yesterday. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the feedback - I should've checked for it yesterday before we left but I was running late - I would've been better prepared mentally for the sight of that crowd - and the forced march from our parking spot (a few feet south of the Oklahoma border) to the line. Next time, we take the bikes for "up-front" parking!

Top Bottom