• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    “Each one has a serial number and they are registered to us. We have reported them stolen.”

I wonder how they did that unless they were NFA stuff.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    http://kxan.com/2017/06/05/burglars...aling-firearms-from-truck-in-west-lake-hills/

About 2 - 3 minutes is all it took.

Granted the thieves job was made easier by an unlocked door on the truck, but they knew what was in the vehicle and had scouted the property.

I am sure a locked door would have been a minor inconvenience.

I don't see anything in that report that would lead one to believe that the burglars knew what was in the truck, or that they scouted the property. Many, many car burglars just check for open doors. I have seen lots of home video footage of vehicle burglaries. They walk up to the vehicle and always look like they knew the door was unlocked. I think that's because they find so many unlocked doors.

It is easy to spot the cameras with the Ir transmitters glowing red. ;)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Thieves hit 5 cars in our block one night last year-none of them were locked.

While I want to criticize them, in 2014 I parked my car in the driveway often. I always locked it with the remote, but still never left anything of value in it. One morning I found it had been gone through by someone. Video showed the guy walk up and just open the door. Apparently I was distracted when I exited the vehicle and forgot to lock it.

The guy opened the trunk from inside the vehicle, and when he closed it he used his right hand right on the trunk lid. Since the video showed exactly where he touched it the Police were able to obtain a great set of latents for comparison. They identified him and were able to get an arrest.

Last edited:

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    My wife's got the push-button keychain...sometimes it gets pushed accidentally by cramming the keys in her purse-I like my old manyal locks. Glad you were able to get them to come out and print it...round here, they don't bother much with prints...unless you fuss and snarl a lot.

Top Bottom