• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    There are a few guns that I would not buy for a number of reasons. Nothing that looks like a submachine gun without the stock such as Tec-9, Mac-10, AR pistol or the H&K 9mm. I will not be getting any $3000 1911s or high dollar imports of 19th century firearms. The first category is that the cool factor does not out weigh the practical side and the second catigory is that my guns get used often and would have honest wear after a short time which would lower their value. Then there are firearms I consider poorly designed or junk!
    Venture Surplus ad

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Hi-Point: Thought about buying one to use for a cheap "tacklebox" gun but after firing one that someone at the range had I changed my mind. It was just too heavy, bulky and uncomfortable to shoot.

Another Kahr: After 3 trips back to Kahr for FTF's and still not working properly I ended up cutting it up into about 100 pieces with a 4 1/2" angle grinder and cut-off wheel, then tossed it in the trash.

I'll give just about anything a try though.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    .Another Kahr: After 3 trips back to Kahr for FTF's and still not working properly I ended up cutting it up into about 100 pieces with a 4 1/2" angle grinder and cut-off wheel, then tossed it in the trash.
    NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I would have happily taken it off your hands! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I would like to report firearms abuse! ;)

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    High Point, gun dealer going out of business gave me a .380 for part of what he owed me. It functioned okay, was too bulky for a good concealed carry, swapped for a real Saturday Night Special, which is cussed be everyone. Its a Jennings .380. Small, fits in boot, pocket, just about anyplace, sweated on it and it doesn't rust. In spite of its being run out of Kalifornia, fits the bill.

I do have some quality carry pistols from .357, .45LC, .45ACP but not so small and this one operates flawlessly.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have found that I have to buy them in order to decide that I hate them. I try to stick to known makers, then I detest them one by one.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Cowboy guns! I guess because I played with toys ones as a kid. Black powder, because a Ruger Old Army I once owned. Anything looking pimp like!

I agree with that... some of those Tauruses at Academy with the pearl and gold trim I'm just like sweet jesus... does someone come in wearing purple fur and say "Gimme that one G"

I can't blame Academy though for marketing to the environment...

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Aw, what's wrong with Glock you guys? Well I would never buy a Smith and Wesson after they got themselves and their dealers in bed with the Anti-gun Clinton crowd. I don't care what they come up with, I ain't buying it.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Aw! Glocks aren't that bad I just don't like the grip angle. If I was to get one it would be a sub-compact 9mm or .40 tho. I wouldn't mind one of those, there ain't enough grip to angle. ;)

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    It's ok, I was just messing with the non-glock crowd anyway. I've got a couple buddies that can't stand the angle of the grip too, gotta have a gun that works for you.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Taurus Judge.

It looks cool, but I think the way they market the 410 with buckshot as a defenseive round is criminal.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Taurus Judge.

It looks cool, but I think the way they market the 410 with buckshot as a defensive round is criminal.
    It defensive round. It will defend against snakes, coons, dogs, and bad folks all with the same gun. They do in fact call the .410 (witch is actually a caliber no a gauge) a good defensive round for BG's. But it is meant as a street/trail gun, and it failed in that aspect. IMHO

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    It defensive round. It will defend against snakes, coons, dogs, and bad folks all with the same gun. They do in fact call the .410 (witch is actually a caliber no a gauge) a good defensive round for BG's. But it is meant as a street/trail gun, and it failed in that aspect. IMHO
    I don't know that I'd rely on the judge against coons or some dogs, i might shoot then run like hell. I've come across some mean a@@ coons and even meaner dogs.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Taurus Judge.

It looks cool, but I think the way they market the 410 with buckshot as a defenseive round is criminal.

Add Bond Arms into that. I kind of dig the derringer idea and they're made in Texas and all, but like you said; marketing .410 in a handgun as a defensive option is criminal.

Do some research: .410 shotgun shells in a handgun are way underpowered and won't penetrate for piss. Think about it: you're using a round meant for an 18"+ barrel (so it has slow-burning powder) in a 3" or so barrel. An over-bore barrel at that! It's not going to get the required velocity/power for a man-stopper.

Be a great snake gun, though, and .45 Colt would do fine as a defensive round. But if you're going to load it with .45 Colt anyway, you're better off just carrying a K-frame in .357. it'll be lighter, better-balanced and you'll have 6 rounds instead of 5.

That said, I keep looking at them and thinking they'd make a good backpacking gun. 1 round of birdshot in the first cylinder, the other 4 loaded with some hard-cast bullets.

Top Bottom