• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    I went to the SAXET gunshow in Conroe today and could not believe some of the prices certian dealers where asking! I was going to get me a Magpul MOE forestock for my AR carbine, one dealer had it for $39.95 Magpuls MFGSR is $29.95 so I kept looking and found one for $29.95. Also the same vendor who was so high had AR BCG for $249.
    All I can say is just remember the price gouging dealers in the future!

Also they had stripped lowers for $250 and complete lowers fo $495! The vender I got my hand guard from had his for $149 stripped and $349 complete.

Just had to rant!
    DRJ
    Hurley's Gold

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Yes I know. The show in Austin, was crazy, I wont go back until the dust settles. The way people were pushing and shoving, traffic backed up going both ways, and a 20 min line just to get in, you'd think the world was ending. I thought the gun show was a place to talk about what you have, see unusual firearms etc. I didnt even go down some isles, that and there werent many rifles that interested me other than the Taurus judge. They had semi auto ak-47's for $850!!! Ar's for around that same price even close to $1000.
    Mini 14's for $700. Boxes of .223 for $41 something. I bought the last box of pistol primers and the last box of speer 357 mag. hollow points. But heres what gets me. I decided to go to mcbrids and there was almost no one there. They had ar-15's in the low 800's and they had a nice browning stainless steel .22 rifle for $199. Reloading supplies that were at least affordable.

drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    I guess the show dealers move around so they don't see the same customers as store owners so they can gouge alittle more. The problem I have is there are no local dealers with the reloading supplies that I need.
    So I guess I will do an on-line supply order.
    DRJ

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I've noticed the prices as well...its ridiculous.

countryboy - what type of AR's did mcbrides have in the $800 range???

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I live in the free world and would like to keep it as close to that as possible. If you guys was fixed pricing, I'm sure there are countries that will suit you.

None of this is price gouging, it's whining about high prices some of you don't want to pay, but other people are paying, thus creating the market.

Gouging is when someone jacks prices up on something you have to have thus are forced to pay for only one reason, because they have control of that market. There are actually FTC regulations regarding it.

You found dealers selling similar items for less money. If you are a buyer, you had a choice as to what price you wanted to pay. Nothing wrong with that.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    i didnt really look closely just to see the price but, they had a m4 stock on them with a a3 upper full length from what i remember that was 2 weeks ago when i was there. I know its because of obama that prices are crazy. If only i bought 2 ak- 47s back one year ago for $329 I could have made out like a bandit. I agree about the market being free, im fine with that. My point is im not in a buying frenzy buying a ak-47 for that price just because im concerned that it might be banned. Heck I over heard guys saying they were building bunkers undeground, excuse me but, that sounds nutty to me. Thats way way over the top to me.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    I've noticed the prices as well...its ridiculous.

countryboy - what type of AR's did mcbrides have in the $800 range???

Someone posted a link to stripped lowers that are as low as a hundred dollars.

I checked on Model 1 Sales, and they still have their rifle kits at the normal price. I found a nice 20" kit for $600, so I could build that with a stripped lower for $700 plus whatever the local FFL wants to charge me on the stripped lower paperwork (which is probably more than the mark up on the stripped lower).

Top Bottom