Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    In before the perfect people start calling names and judging.

What this SHOULD be is a lesson to us all that complacency can result it injuries and even death. Not a one of us can honestly say we never get complacent.

rack04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    Very sad news. That is a family shop and I have had them work on my weapons before.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    .... I just remembered every single time I've done the same thing. Hope the recovery goes well and that this doesn't impact his work or life too severely.

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    It's not a mistake I'd expect a professional to make. A gun loaded, cocked and leaning against a table? That was unfortunate.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    In before the perfect people start calling names and judging.

What this SHOULD be is a lesson to us all that complacency can result it injuries and even death. Not a one of us can honestly say we never get complacent.

Agreed. Dumb mistake, but we've all made one - must of us have been lucky enough to not be injured by them. He's lucky it isn't worse, but this one could significantly affect his ability to do his job. Hopefully not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Thumb over end of barrel.....bad deal. Just wondering what or how trigger was pulled?
    Probably caught on a worktable bolt or something. I don't know... I don't trust it. They're not telling the whole story. There's no time delay on a primer. The trigger must have been manipulated in some way.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Reasons why I'm not a fan of leaning guns against things...

Probably caught on a worktable bolt or something. I don't know... I don't trust it. They're not telling the whole story. There's no time delay on a primer. The trigger must have been manipulated in some way.

You're in for a good time someday...

Also remember that this was in a gunsmith shop, so who knows why the shotgun was there. Possibly a faulty trigger mechanism.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Can't be too safe, and can't get complacent about safety either. The writer sure is a standard tool (read, useful idiot) of the left

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Kind of scary. If a man who's worked on firearms for many years does this, makes me afraid of what I may do in the future. Every time I pick up a firearm, I tell myself, "don't be negligent", remember the safety rules and apply them very intently. Hope he doesn't suffer any health issues related to this.

Top Bottom