Gunsmith in/around Corpus Christi?

So_Tx_Rich

Dec 22, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
Anyone know one? Preferably one that isn't scared of a Mosin Nagant?

I find it hard to believe that I live in the great state of Texasd and have to send my receiver to Florida to get two holes drilled and tapped.

So_Tx_Rich

Dec 22, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
Florida is just a guy I found....what surprises me is that I have to put it in the mail at all. Texas is a gun culture. I would think I could find a local GS

Last edited:
Glen Martin , Sandia Tx Martin Custom Gun smithing ....one of the top but off the radar gunsmiths in the US...damn good but not fast , he's best known for his 1911 work and one off rifles ...but was in there recently where a guy brought in a Mauser for some barrel / chamber work 361-547-6617 give him a buzz usually at shop by 10am

So_Tx_Rich

Dec 22, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
I tried both of them. Benny wouldn't touch it (said old steel is too hard(if it was easy would it be worth $100/hour??)) and Glen has a year waiting list (so he said)

Last edited:

V-Tach

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Sep 30, 2012
Rockport
You might check with this gentleman....

I've met him in person but have had zero dealings with him....

POP's Gunsmithing
Russell Vanden
361-633-1895
1149 Austin St.
Portland, Texas

leVieux

Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"
Mar 28, 2013
Saint Martinville, LA
There is a really good and inexpensive guy in Brownsville; Chuck Fredieu at "Chuck's Guns" on Paredes Line road, very near Boca Chica
Boulevard.

Chuck is a machinist / gunsmith, who built competition pistols for the US Navy's pistol team for years. He is a dealer for GLOCK, S&W, Beretta, Benelli, Bushmaster, Colt, etc.

leVieux

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members