• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1badbowtie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Well this weekend I got to go turkey hunting and got a pretty big sized bird. went back relaxed went out again for the afternoon hunt went to put a shell in and I could not get the bolt back so I could load the shell. Took off the barrel and all and put back together got it open put the shell in and repeated and worked fine so I figured it was fixed. Later that night after finishing cleaning the gun I could not get the bolt to go back again. I've tried everything and I can't get it to go back seems like its catching on something. I've got a 3 year warranty with Beretta but that costs 90 bucks to ship it and also it requires about 5 weeks without the gun. I don't think that its that big of a thing just something small and shouldn't cost over $90. I only bought the gun 3 months ago from basspro and they fired all there gunsmiths so I don't know where to go. Can anyone reccomend a gunsmith in san antonio or should I send it off to beretta? Thanks for any and all help.

I should add the gun is a Beretta Al391 Urika 2 12 gauge 28 inch barrel
    Capitol Armory ad

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    1badbowtie,

Try Dury's in SA. They are pretty good guys.

Dury's Gun Shop | 819 Hot Wells | San Antonio, TX 78223
    Phone (210) 533-5431 | (210) 533-5468 | Fax (210) 533-2537

nspctr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    SATX
    send it back to Beretta. Warranty's are funny things and people like to void them for the dumbest things. You may need it later on and if they see it's been worked on by someone else they may not honor it....? .02

beefsalad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Surprised nobody mentioned Nagels. While they are overpriced (in my opinion) on most everything, they did give me the hookup when I needed it. Granted they just removed and reinstalled the rear site on my para-ordnance warthog, they did it for free!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Nah, I shouldn't have to send it all the way back to Remington just to thread the barrel. At least I would hope not.

I'm pretty sure he's talking to the OP about his Beretta.

I'd also consider sending it back to Beretta but $90 shipping?? For a long gun? It doesn't need to go over night like a handgun does.

I had an FFL ship a rifle for me for $20. But if you really think it's something simple, have a good smith look at it and if he agrees, let him fix it, but if he thinks it's something more, send it back to Beretta.

What about a Beretta dealer shipping it back for you?

Top Bottom