• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    It's not bad but the videos are HEAVILY influenced by their sponsors. Take that for what it's worth but even some of the free videos aren't bad for basic reference.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I watched several videos. Just remember to always take everything you hear with a grain of salt, regardless of the source in most cases. I did hear mention of bird shot for shotguns for home defense, and a number of other poor recommendations as well. ;)

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    It's definitely for newer gun enthusiasts.

When I bought my Winchester 1300 almost 20 years ago, the sales guy also told me to get bird shot for HD. Boy, if he could see me now.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, I hear the birdshot thing constantly every day. Whenever the customer mentions this, I always pose a question. If buckshot is good enough for larger animals like deer, why do you think it is a good idea to use a lower penetrating load like birdshot against a human sized attacker? Anything that has acceptable penetration for self defense use is going to easily over penetrate most interior walls, so you might as well stop worrying about that and train so that you don't allow yourself to miss. That's my point of view anyways. Even birdshot at home defense ranges is still going to do some damage of course. No matter what the variables, it always boils down to proper shot placement in the end.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I could see some usage to bird shot. Just don't aim center mass, hit them in the face and you'll put alot of pellets into their eyes and blind them, for life. Then rack it and put the remaining 4 00 Buck 3" Magnum shells into their chest, or until they decide to leave you alone.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Seriously, the whole shotgun self defense ammo argument annoys me so much sometimes I seriously want to start producing my own OO or OOO buck with a picture of a F'in terrorist on the front so you know it's meant for humans. ;) lol You know, just like the little pictures of a turkey, or bird to be an easy and instaneous identifier of what it's for. How does this look lol ;) :

Attachments

• tn_285829_oi.jpg
      tn_285829_oi.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 155

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I like it it's catchy, it also builds the idea that it is for bad things like rapist, murderers, car thieves and an assortment of other criminals are covered. Only $19.99 hears how to order............... You should call Federal and pitch this new box design. It might make money you never know.

Top Bottom