• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Okay.. So to be straight up.. IM FAT! Lol, I have always hated the way I look, I've always been self conscious, I hate the beach and pools.

I was around 215# my senior year of high school and I decided I wanted to join the Army, I busted my ass to drop weight so I could make tape, well when it came time for final weigh in before MEPS, I didn't qualify and got turned away... It completely destroyed my self confidence and I basically said F-it.. I'm now pushing 245, and I am only 20 years old. I used to be able to run a mile without a problem, now I can barely go up a flight of stairs. I have no motivation, no idea how to get fit, I work shift work, and I don't get enough sleep, and I eat out quite a bit.

I need someone who will show me the ropes, and can make me see results, I hate going to the gym because everyone "stares" at you... But, that's what it takes and I need the help.

So after my sob-story, does anyone go to a gym on the NWSA, and would be willing to help with some motivation, and "in-gym" training?

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"
    Guns International

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Mark. From one fatty to another.......good luck finding a partner. Just don't forget that a person is more than the "extra baggage" they carry. Don't let the extra weight make you look down on yourself.

I've got some weight to lose, but I'm very happy with who I am and my life in general.

If I were closer, I'd volunteer to be a work k it partner with you- it would keep me disciplined to have a partner to keep me accountable&.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Mark. From one fatty to another.......good luck finding a partner. Just don't forget that a person is more than the "extra baggage" they carry. Don't let the extra weight make you look down on yourself.

I've got some weight to lose, but I'm very happy with who I am and my life in general.

If I were closer, I'd volunteer to be a work k it partner with you- it would keep me disciplined to have a partner to keep me accountable&.

Thank yah!! :)

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I live in corpus but I work everywhere. After I get done 4 or 5 days/week I change and hit the gym. I have a friend that is 22 that needed motivation so I text him everyday when I get out how far I go on cardio.
    My advice- set it in your schedule and go to the gym. If you want to Pm me and I'll bother you everytime I get out and try to guilt you into shape.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I went from 265lbs to 200lbs in ~8months. Got down to 178lbs (before my wedding. Now I'm a comfy 190lb after 2 years of her buying food I would never allow while I was losing weight).

Main thing is telling yourself you have to run no matter what. There were times that it'd be 2am and I'd be out busting a mile or two.
    I'm sure it was a funny sight to see 260lbs if jiggily running down the road at 2am.

Once you get the weight off, it stays off pretty easy.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I went from 265lbs to 200lbs in ~8months. Got down to 178lbs (before my wedding. Now I'm a comfy 190lb after 2 years of her buying food I would never allow while I was losing weight).

Main thing is telling yourself you have to run no matter what. There were times that it'd be 2am and I'd be out busting a mile or two.
    I'm sure it was a funny sight to see 260lbs if jiggily running down the road at 2am.

Once you get the weight off, it stays off pretty easy.

I have not found this to be the case, lol.....

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I have not found this to be the case, lol.....
    Lol.
    I mostly lift now a days. Very little cardio. Muscle weighs more (as we all know) so that's probably why I have gained 15lbs since being married.

The increase in muscle requires more calories, so in my "off" cycles I don't gain any weight because the muscle is burning it.

Same principle as a car: the bigger the motor the more fuel burned.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I've found my diet impacts my weight far more than exercise does. You need both, but you will see faster results by getting your diet right.

Eliminate bread, pasta, beer and anything with large amounts of sugar from your diet. Drink water instead if any sugary drinks.

You should see results fast.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    My problem is i work swing shift, one day I'll work a day shift, then 12 hours later I'll be back at work for a night shift, without any kind of caffeine, I fall asleep (tried it) lol. I agree that the food mostly unpacks your weight.

My step-dad just lost about 50 lbs by just cutting sodas back, smaller portions, and taking a walk every night.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    The schedule will make it more difficult for sure.

Caffeine seems fine, I drink plenty of coffee but I don't use sugar.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    The schedule will make it more difficult for sure.

Caffeine seems fine, I drink plenty of coffee but I don't use sugar.

I really don't like coffee, I would prefer a soda. Both are bad, but im not a hot beverage person.

The schedule is what kills me, but I think if I was getting off a night shift, went and worked out for an hour or so, then went home and slept, I may see some results to.. Who knows, my job is pretty sedentary unless stuff is going on,then I'm all over the place.

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    Step number one: stop drinking soda. None. Zero. Doesn't matter if it's regular or diet it will kill your weight loss efforts. It saps your energy and makes you hungry and crave sugar. I bet it will be hard for you, harder than you think but if you quit that and eat 4 meals a day with no snacking and the weight will fall off

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    ^ Agree

Stopping two sodas a day will have a bigger impact than 3 hours a week in the gym will.

OP, weigh yourself every morning and note your average weight over a 3 day period. Then start your exercise program and continue to weigh yourself. If your not dropping a lb or two every few weeks make another change.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I really don't like coffee, I would prefer a soda. Both are bad, but im not a hot beverage person.

The schedule is what kills me, but I think if I was getting off a night shift, went and worked out for an hour or so, then went home and slept, I may see some results to.. Who knows, my job is pretty sedentary unless stuff is going on,then I'm all over the place.

Well, i work afternoons, so im free in the mornings. Shoot me a message if yer interested in trying to work out a scedule and place.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Well, i work afternoons, so im free in the mornings. Shoot me a message if yer interested in trying to work out a scedule and place.

Okay, I'll consider it, it will have to be after I move here in the next week because of funds.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I don't know what kind of life you have outside of work so don't take this the wrong way.
    But I'm married and work 70+hours a week and still get in the gym at least 5hrs a week.
    It's what you HAVE to do.

Diet is important. But I'll be devils advocate. If I'm working out or running, I can eat/drink whatever I want and how much I want. Had 2 brats, 2 beers, a steak, and huge cup of ice cream last night. I won't gain a pound....
    It's just my body type.

So if you are at a plateau of 245lbs at your diet and exercise levels, changing ONE THING will tip the scale to weight loss....
    Make it easy on yourself, choose one and go. Doing both might frustrate you and you'll quit.

Top Bottom