• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Trophy Club, Texas
    I just picked up a H&K HK45 last week. It was acquired as a used gun, but it was unfired, new in box. Ergonomics of the HK45 and the P30 are something to behold. :D

Hopefully I can get it out to shoot soon, but I expect it will be like the rest of my H&K guns......will shoot like a champ with no problems. :cool:
    Hurley's Gold

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    New or used its an HK so it should be a great pistol.I got my USP used and currently have 2000 rounds with no hiccups.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Later this year or beginning of next year I remember reading something somewhere (probably HKPro.com) that HK is indeed releasing the HK45 and 45C both in a tactical model with threaded barrel, raised sights, etc. I've been wanting either model (kind of like the HK45C more for some reason) for awhile, though I'm going to have to wait for the tactical model as "tactical" models are just too cool. ;) lol Let us know how you like the gun. I'm most curious about how much felt recoil they have. From what I remember, I was under the impression that they have a dual recoil spring assembly or buffer on the guide rod or something. I've heard they don't have nearly as much recoil as most other polymer frame .45's, which would be nice if true.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Later this year or beginning of next year I remember reading something somewhere (probably HKPro.com) that HK is indeed releasing the HK45 and 45C both in a tactical model with threaded barrel, raised sights, etc. I've been wanting either model (kind of like the HK45C more for some reason) for awhile, though I'm going to have to wait for the tactical model as "tactical" models are just too cool. ;) lol Let us know how you like the gun. I'm most curious about how much felt recoil they have. From what I remember, I was under the impression that they have a dual recoil spring assembly or buffer on the guide rod or something. I've heard they don't have nearly as much recoil as most other polymer frame .45's, which would be nice if true.

You shot the Elite, it has the dual spring.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You shot the Elite, it has the dual spring.

Eh, I wasn't impressed with the recoil on that gun. It actually had a pretty decent amount of felt recoil compared to what I thought it would. I guess that's just 45acp for you. ;) Maybe I need something in 500sw so that will reduce my perception of felt recoil with 45acp. lol ;)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Eh, I wasn't impressed with the recoil on that gun. It actually had a pretty decent amount of felt recoil compared to what I thought it would. I guess that's just 45acp for you. ;) Maybe I need something in 500sw so that will reduce my perception of felt recoil with 45acp. lol ;)

Well, there's only so much the gun can do mechanically to reduce recoil before the laws of physics deem otherwise. The longer the spring travel before bind the better off it's going to be from a tuneability standpoint.

The dual spring on the Elite really isn't any different from a single spring other than two lighter springs have greater compression travel. What needs to be designed is a helper spring / load spring setup. In actuality that shouldn't be hard at all to design. Maybe I'll rig one up on something and we'll try it out.

The Elite felt much better than a G21, but about on par with the fullsize USP. What I noticed is the muzzle doesn't walk much on the Elite. You still feel plenty of the recoil.

JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    In general I like HKs. I shot 400 rounds through my HK P2000SK LEM 9MM and used it to qualify during my CHL course.

Traded it for my Kimber, but wouldn't have a problem buying an HK again as long as it's .45ACP and has a thumb safety.

Top Bottom