• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Mag release on the heel = not a good choice for a tactical weapon IMO. That is true even though, as I understand, the H&K P9 is one of the few handguns with a heel mag release that allows the magazine to drop out without needing to be pulled out. The thing is, you normally use your two hands to activate it, one to hold the pistol, the other to operate the mag release. Nice looking gun though, they make some fine quality firearms.
    The magazine release on the bottom is pretty much old school european.
    Target Sports

kingjoey5000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2020
    Spring
    Just bought my first HK, its a little p30sk, amazing little gun, can't say enough good things about it, was blown away by the LEM trigger version, really shines on rapid fire and double taps. I dont think they would put out a piece of trash

OlongJohnson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    Some shooters do better with the P30/VP9 grip. Some do better with the USP grip. The best USP trigger is better than the best P30 trigger. If you are thinking about .45, the HK45 is kinda like a USP (all the fire control parts are the same as a USP) with a slimmer, more oval, 1911-like grip that looks like the P30. And more sight options because they match P30/VP9, and a Picatinny rail. HKs are all different enough, with pros and cons, and user-specific answers, that nobody else can tell you what will work best for you.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Some shooters do better with the P30/VP9 grip. Some do better with the USP grip. The best USP trigger is better than the best P30 trigger. If you are thinking about .45, the HK45 is kinda like a USP (all the fire control parts are the same as a USP) with a slimmer, more oval, 1911-like grip that looks like the P30. And more sight options because they match P30/VP9, and a Picatinny rail. HKs are all different enough, with pros and cons, and user-specific answers, that nobody else can tell you what will work best for you.
    The HK45 also only has 10 round mags where the USP 45 has 12 rounders.

RSBro

No Limit Honky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Magnolia, Texas
    My first non-Springfield 9mm was an H&K P30L, because I'd just seen our favorite gun-fu movie and was ignorant lol. I personally disliked just about everything on the gun. My XDM 4.5 was much better suited for me, until I started getting into Sig 228s which are my go-to now. Went to 226s first but I think the 228 is an even better variant at least for me. I wouldn't get another HK handgun, FWIW.

Top Bottom