Texas SOT

H.R.3590, The bill that became Obamacare originally a housing tax break for troops

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The original bill that was approved by the US House of Representatives is HR 3590. It was for our service men and women. The bill passed the Republican House, and was sent to the Senate. The Democratic Senate deleted every bit of text from the bill, and changed it's purpose to their own. This is the original bill that became Obamacare!

H.R.3590 -- Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 (Introduced in House - IH)
    HR 3590 IH
    111th CONGRESS1st SessionH. R. 3590
    To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the first-time homebuyers credit in the case of members of the Armed Forces and certain other Federal employees, and for other purposes.
    IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES[h=3]September 17, 2009[/h]
    Mr. RANGEL (for himself, Mr. SKELTON, Mr. BLUMENAUER, Mr. KIND, Mr. JONES, Mr. KAGEN, Mr. STARK, Mr. LEVIN, Mr. MCDERMOTT, Mr. LEWIS of Georgia, Mr. NEAL of Massachusetts, Mr. TANNER, Mr. BECERRA, Mr. DOGGETT, Mr. POMEROY, Mr. THOMPSON of California, Mr. LARSON of Connecticut, Mr. PASCRELL, Ms. BERKLEY, Mr. CROWLEY, Mr. MEEK of Florida, Mr. VAN HOLLEN, Ms. SCHWARTZ, Mr. DAVIS of Alabama, Mr. DAVIS of Illinois, Mr. ETHERIDGE, Ms. LINDA T. SANCHEZ of California, Mr. HIGGINS, Mr. YARMUTH, and Ms. GINNY BROWN-WAITE of Florida) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Ways and Means

A BILL
    To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the first-time homebuyers credit in the case of members of the Armed Forces and certain other Federal employees, and for other purposes.
    • Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
    [h=3]SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.[/h]
    • This Act may be cited as the `Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009'.
    [h=3]SEC. 2. WAIVER OF RECAPTURE OF FIRST-TIME HOMEBUYER CREDIT FOR INDIVIDUALS ON QUALIFIED OFFICIAL EXTENDED DUTY.[/h]
    • (a) In General- Paragraph (4) of section 36(f) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by adding at the end the following new subparagraph:
      • `(E) SPECIAL RULE FOR MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES, ETC-
      • `(i) IN GENERAL- In the case of the disposition of a principal residence by an individual (or a cessation referred to in paragraph (2)) after December 31, 2008, in connection with Government orders received by such individual, or such individual's spouse, for qualified official extended duty service--
      • `(I) paragraph (2) and subsection (d)(2) shall not apply to such disposition (or cessation), and
      • `(II) if such residence was acquired before January 1, 2009, paragraph (1) shall not apply to the taxable year in which such disposition (or cessation) occurs or any subsequent taxable year.
      • `(ii) QUALIFIED OFFICIAL EXTENDED DUTY SERVICE- For purposes of this section, the term `qualified official extended duty service' means service on qualified official extended duty as--
      • `(I) a member of the uniformed services,
      • `(II) a member of the Foreign Service of the United States, or
      • `(III) as an employee of the intelligence community.
      • `(iii) DEFINITIONS- Any term used in this subparagraph which is also used in paragraph (9) of section 121(d) shall have the same meaning as when used in such paragraph.'.
    • (b) Effective Date- The amendment made by this section shall apply to dispositions and cessations after December 31, 2008.
    [h=3]SEC. 3. EXTENSION OF FIRST-TIME HOMEBUYER CREDIT FOR INDIVIDUALS ON QUALIFIED OFFICIAL EXTENDED DUTY OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES.[/h]
    • (a) In General- Subsection (h) of section 36 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended--
      • (1) by striking `This section' and inserting the following:
      • `(1) IN GENERAL- This section', and
      • (2) by adding at the end the following:
      • `(2) SPECIAL RULES FOR INDIVIDUALS ON QUALIFIED OFFICIAL EXTENDED DUTY OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES- In the case of any individual who serves on qualified official extended duty service outside the United States for at least 90 days in calendar year 2009 and, if married, such individual's spouse--
      • `(A) paragraph (1) shall be applied by substituting `December 1, 2010' for `December 1, 2009',
      • `(B) subsection (f)(4)(D) shall be applied by substituting `December 1, 2010' for `December 1, 2009', and
      • `(C) in lieu of subsection (g), in the case of a purchase of a principal residence after December 31, 2009, and before July 1, 2010, the taxpayer may elect to treat such purchase as made on December 31, 2009, for purposes of this section (other than subsections (c) and (f)(4)(D)).'.
    • (b) Coordination With First-Time Homebuyer Credit for District of Columbia- Paragraph (4) of section 1400C(e) of such Code is amended by inserting `(December 1, 2010, in the case of a purchase subject to section 36(h)(2))' after `December 1, 2009'.
    • (c) Effective Date- The amendments made by this section shall apply to residences purchased after November 30, 2009.
    [h=3]SEC. 4. EXCLUSION FROM GROSS INCOME OF QUALIFIED MILITARY BASE REALIGNMENT AND CLOSURE FRINGE.[/h]
    • (a) In General- Subsection (n) of section 132 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended--
      • (1) in subparagraph (1) by striking `this subsection) to offset the adverse effects on housing values as a result of a military base realignment or closure' and inserting `the American Recovery and Reinvestment Tax Act of 2009)', and
      • (2) in subparagraph (2) by striking `clause (1) of'.
    • (b) Effective Date- The amendments made by this act shall apply to payments made after February 17, 2009.
    [h=3]SEC. 5. INCREASE IN PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO FILE A PARTNERSHIP OR S CORPORATION RETURN.[/h]
    • (a) In General- Sections 6698(b)(1) and 6699(b)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 are each amended by striking `$89' and inserting `$110'.
    • (b) Effective Date- The amendments made by this section shall apply to returns for taxable years beginning after December 31, 2009.
    [h=3]SEC. 6. TIME FOR PAYMENT OF CORPORATE ESTIMATED TAXES.[/h]
    • The percentage under paragraph (1) of section 202(b) of the Corporate Estimated Tax Shift Act of 2009 in effect on the date of the enactment of this Act is increased by 0.5 percentage points.
    Guns International

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Re: H.R.3590, The bill that became Obamacare originally a housing tax break for troop

Not one comment?

The reason that Senate picked a bill at random, and deleted all of the text, then re-wrote the bill was pretty crappy. All bills authorizing expenditures must originate in the House. The House refused to create a bill for Obamacare. The Senate retaliated by hijacking a bill at random, this one was designed help our veterans of Iraq, and Afghanistan get a tax break on their home purchases. The part that really irks me is that despite the volumes of paperwork associated with Obamacare, they failed to add back in the tax break for the veterans.

Ok, I am off of my soapbox now....

Portals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    round rock
    Re: H.R.3590, The bill that became Obamacare originally a housing tax break for troop

I understand what you are saying, but how do I verify that is what happened?
    Lots of weird theories out there. And I would like to believe you, where are the changes to the original?
    And wouldn't the Senate be required to negotiate with the House on the revision?
    TNX!

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas

I heard this on Hannity. A US Senator was being interviewed and recounted for the audience how it happened. I did my due diligence and found a record of the bill. Google it. Obamacare, the largest cancer ever unleashed on the United States is based on a bill that was hijacked.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx

Who gives a F how it got here? ABORT ABORT ABORT !

You got one route to get rid of it. Vote Romney.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

That is typical of the BS those scoundrels pull and the major reason the President (after Obama leaves office in January) needs the "Line Item Veto." They sneak totally unrelated items into every bill so those items pass with the original item. That's been a major reason why we get these foolish spending bills, pork projects funded and some really ignorant laws passed. Add to that, members of Congress don't actually read the entire bills before voting on them. Their party tells them how to vote and that's what they do.

The whole legislative system is broken and the cure for it is NOT replacing one party with another. They ALL need to go home!

Remember November.

Flash

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom