• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If this bill makes if out of committee, it will basically force every member of Congress to go on record for or against gun registration.

Since NFA exists, and no member of Congress I am aware of has introduced legislation to repeal it, they are already ALL on record as being for gun registration.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I thought a gun registry on the federal level has already been illegal since FOPA 1986? It was one of the 'protections' we gained when we traded away the right to legally build our own new MGs.

The NFRTR predates FOPA so it was grandfathered.

I'm not understanding the intent of this new bill?

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I thought a gun registry on the federal level has already been illegal since FOPA 1986? It was one of the 'protections' we gained when we traded away the right to legally build our own new MGs.

The NFRTR predates FOPA so it was grandfathered.

I'm not understanding the intent of this new bill?

This is not about registration at the federal level. This does not even make registration illegal.

It does say that states or municipalities that require gun registration will lose federal funding. That is where it differs from any other anti registration laws at the federal level.

It would be a big hit to states like NY, CA, and CT.

I like the pro gun stance of the bill, but a tiny part of me is conflicted by the fed further regulating state laws.

Stupid, I know. I think BC would refer to this as morals Vs ethics.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Well in that case good for them. I don't think it has a chance of passing, much less being signed but the more time they waste debating and voting on stuff that the kenyan in chief will undoubtedly veto the less time they have to screw the country up with the garbage the commies want to pass. (Mexican amnesty, AWB2, single payer hellscare, etc...)

Top Bottom