• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    Weather was good finally! Brought out the Glock 19, Beretta 92 and XDS 45. My dad met me there. He had a new toy!
    Brought his 'new' used Desert Eagle 50AE. Holy cow! That is some pistol. Shot a whole mag worth. (That was about 4 lunches worth of ammo)

Not sure how accurate I was cuz I was just trying to make sure I could handle it. Its heavy and has a kick!

My XDS is less than average as far as comfort. The Beretta is 10's straight across. The Glock is an all round good handgun. Not sure why there are anti Glock folks out there. Its really good.
    Hurley's Gold

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    It wasn't great. I would definitely not choose it for a battle side arm. After shooting it for a while I think it did leave a callus on my thumb near my hand. I also thought the ext mags were gonna fall out. AND I have NOT sent it in for the recall. I hear they just found the fix and are starting the repair process. So all the pistols that came in will be taken care of according to the time they arrived. :/

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It wasn't great. I would definitely not choose it for a battle side arm. After shooting it for a while I think it did leave a callus on my thumb near my hand. I also thought the ext mags were gonna fall out. AND I have NOT sent it in for the recall. I hear they just found the fix and are starting the repair process. So all the pistols that came in will be taken care of according to the time they arrived. :/

Interesting thing about the mechanics of different people's bodies. The XDS .45 feels great to me, even after a long session.

Glocks are excellent, but don't "fit" me.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Interesting thing about the mechanics of different people's bodies. The XDS .45 feels great to me, even after a long session.

Glocks are excellent, but don't "fit" me.

I'm in the same boat as TXI. The XDs .45 was a great feel for me as well. The 1st time (and only time) I got to handle one, it shot great and felt great, very accurate. I was pleasantly surprised due to the fact that I have big hands. Maybe you just need a little more time with it?

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    I may have got to use to the smooth Beretta. Then a little hand cannon like the XDS 45 comes into play. When shooting with the stock mags (short ones) the gun wants to jump out of my hands and I'm holding it pretty firm. I may need to bend my elbows more. The first time I was shooting with gloves a while back. This time without. Guess I gotta get use to shooting without gloves. I love the 45 power though!!

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    A heavy gun like the Beretta 92, shooting a light round like the 9mm usually feels good. Try a 9mm 1911 sometime. The grip angle on a Glock feels wrong when you're switching to and from Glock, but if you shoot only Glock, it becomes normal. I carried a G19 for several years, and once I adapted it was excellent. I would still carry Glock except I switched to .45 and the Glock equivalent to the G19 in 45 is the alien .45GAP.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Weather was good finally! Brought out the Glock 19, Beretta 92 and XDS 45. My dad met me there. He had a new toy!
    Brought his 'new' used Desert Eagle 50AE. Holy cow! That is some pistol. Shot a whole mag worth. (That was about 4 lunches worth of ammo)

Not sure how accurate I was cuz I was just trying to make sure I could handle it. Its heavy and has a kick!

My XDS is less than average as far as comfort. The Beretta is 10's straight across. The Glock is an all round good handgun. Not sure why there are anti Glock folks out there. Its really good.

Know the feeling! Sunday was also as pretty as it gets in Texas and I visited my 90 year old father in Whitehall. We all took our 1911's out for some sunshine. Dad still carries a 1943, RR 1911 he brought back from the service in 1945. He doesn't shoot it much but, as you see below, apparently doesn't need to. LOL

That circled 3 round group, at 25', was the only shots he fired with that 70 year old 1911, at 25'. I'll take that any day...

IMG_1983.jpg IMG_1984.jpg IMG_1987.jpg IMG_1985.jpg

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Know the feeling! Sunday was also as pretty as it gets in Texas and I visited my 90 year old father in Whitehall. We all took our 1911's out for some sunshine. Dad still carries a 1943, RR 1911 he brought back from the service in 1945. He doesn't shoot it much but, as you see below, apparently doesn't need to. LOL

That circled 3 round group, at 25', was the only shots he fired with that 70 year old 1911, at 25'. I'll take that any day...

View attachment 24592 View attachment 24593 View attachment 24595 View attachment 24594

I am speech less. My father would have been 90 y/o this year and he gave me my first 1911. Mother is still alive and kicking at 90 y/o and lets me shoot on her property (to scare away the Coyotes).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom