Had a Stroke

Kayt00

TGT Supporter
Jan 1, 2021
North DFW
I'm assuming they are going to schedule you for a TEE to verify a pfo or asd. I work in a cardiac cath lab. If you have any questions I'd be happy to try to answer them
I would think so. I appreciate it and will ask away if I have anything.

popper

Well-Known
Apr 23, 2013
Had a couple TIAs while back, first was lifting 'shade' effect in both eyes, cleaned out carotid. Then no sight in left eye, recovered, another couple. Part of carotid can't be cleaned so they put me on more meds. Head MRI found a small 'flap' of artery would temp. close off blood to eye. So far problem fixed.

glenbo

Lifetime Member
Sep 3, 2014
San Leon
My precious wife had a stroke 9 1/2 years ago at only 51 years old. It was a small, microscopic blood clot in her hypothalamus. It did major damage and she will never recover from it. I thank Heaven every day that otherwise she is healthy. I've had a bunch of TIAs over the last 25 years, none of which did any noticeable damage. I'll be praying for you and hoping you don't get anything worse than what you've already had.

Kayt00

TGT Supporter
Jan 1, 2021
North DFW
Thank you all for the well wishes, words of wisdom, and for telling your stories. I've got my fingers crossed as well that nothing more serious comes up. You'll all be added to my prayers as well. As I understand it strokes are fairly common and sometimes people never know they happened, it's the bad ones that I fear. The ones where I can't walk, can't hug my family, can't talk, or can no longer hunt pigs or have the strength or ability to pull the trigger at the range.

Just venting my fears now knowing that there is something there, lurking, waiting for what I don't know...

Kayt00

TGT Supporter
Jan 1, 2021
North DFW
I feel like a sense of humor, however dark it may be is helping quit a bit. In speaking with my dad about he only asked that I let him know whether or not I see a doctor so that he could take out a life insurance policy to potentially recoup some of his investment.
When I called my other brother to let him know what was going I simply told him that I wanted to let him know that between the one brothers PFO and my recent discovery that he may end up being the sole beneficiary to mom and dads estates. He didn't find it as funny as I did. Oh well.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics