• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Finally got the company to change their gun policy. They had the "NO guns on property" workplace. Showed the HR person that in TX, it is state law that you can have a fully loaded, locked and loaded concealed gun in your car in the parking lot. They rescinded their policies. Whoot. I'm not going to tell them anymore that they don't have a valid 30.06 sign at the entrance. One step at a time.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    ?? what? I've been informed that whatever the TX law is, the company can fire me for violating their policies. I feel like I've got an ace in the hole. We've got a sign up sheet going around for a CHL. About 1/3 of the company is in for it. I'll be out of the country that week though.

mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Nah. Company can always enforce policy, provided properly posted and correctly enforced. Company has a right to restrict carry in/on premises. Get TXInvestigator to weigh in on specifics/ provide applicable code or search previous threads.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    Get TXInvestigator to weigh in on specifics/ provide applicable code.

Yeah, that'll help....

My employer has a "no weapons" policy systemwide except for the company police dept., and a clause in the rulebook that they reserve the right to search vehicles.

That said, I work in some remote and dangerous areas, and I've never had my bags checked at work.

Last edited:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I noticed the sign on the front door. Congrats on getting the policy changed. Mine has to stay in the car due to the policy. I doubt we'll ever see a change at my work unless the Japanese have a different stance. So far there has been no policy changes that I know of.

Top Bottom