• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Just finished up with Halloween 2020
    Made a 10' PVC Covid-Candy-Chute and added pixel lights with an Arduino controller.

Attachments

• Corona-Candy-Chute.jpg
      Corona-Candy-Chute.jpg
      2.5 MB · Views: 78

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    After these last two weeks of work I’m just happy where I’m at. Lol.
    I’m glad y’all are having a great Halloween. Cheers.
    View attachment 232406

Real slow around here tonight at the house. Wife is spending the night with her mother and sister, so I'm here hanging out with the critters! Won't be any trick or treaters around here. I'm thinking of going and finding a good horror film to watch on TV.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    We set up at about 5 pm. Filled up the life size Yellow M&M with about 50 bucks of candy, fruit snacks, pretzels and popcorn balls.

Set my projector up onto the garage door and lit the huge cement jack o lantern and settled into a couple camp chairs and waited.

As usual the popcorn balls, pretzels and fruit snacks went first. The kids always pick those before candy.

About 3 and a half hours later we only have a couple handfuls of candy left in the M&M.

Ofcourse the wife held back a few bags of candy for her.

All in all a good year accounting for covid. The kids were dying to get out I guess.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    We set up at about 5 pm. Filled up the life size Yellow M&M with about 50 bucks of candy, fruit snacks, pretzels and popcorn balls.

Set my projector up onto the garage door and lit the huge cement jack o lantern and settled into a couple camp chairs and waited.

As usual the popcorn balls, pretzels and fruit snacks went first. The kids always pick those before candy.

About 3 and a half hours later we only have a couple handfuls of candy left in the M&M.

Ofcourse the wife held back a few bags of candy for her.

All in all a good year accounting for covid. The kids were dying to get out I guess.

Awesome CC! Sounds like Halloween went well for you and your family.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    But Christmas displays are going up!

Doesn't surprise me. Lots of stores are already putting out their Christmas stuff.

I think more people also decorate for Christmas than those decorate for Thanksgiving too.

Years ago, when I did decorate the house and yard for Christmas, I usually started right after Thanksgiving. I usually put up our Christmas tree the first week of December.

prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    Just finished up with Halloween 2020
    Made a 10' PVC Covid-Candy-Chute and added pixel lights with an Arduino controller.
    Arduino controller, very cool. I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a Raspberry Pi 4 and giving Linux a try.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Halloween is one of my favorite fun holidays. I remember some fond memories as a kid and as an adult that involved Halloween. Even as an adult, I enjoyed getting into the spirit by dressing up for the holiday. Lot's of fun and great memories of past Halloween's.

Back when I was married to my second ex-wife, and lived in town and just outside of town, we had a lot of fun decorating our house and yard for everyone to see. I really like the solitude of living in a very rural area, and the current wife only decorated once not long after we moved here, but we had no trick or treaters, and I doubt anyone even saw the decorations we did in the yard, so haven't done it since.

One year, I dressed up as dead golfer. we got some of those types of clothing similar to those the golfers wore in the 1940's, and I took a putter and bent a "U" shape in the muddle to fit over my head, with fake blood running out both sides of my head! I did some pretty strange looks from other people when I was taking my stepdaughter trick or treating! But I had lots of fun with it.

Anyone else have any Halloween plans, or memories from the past?
    For a couple of years I would drag a leg behind me to go to the door and it would scare the kids back to the sidewalk, but lately I have been acting scared and making my wife come to the door. Look mommy I scared that goofy old man. LOL!

Top Bottom